Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

I enjoyed the new one, if only because I’ve basically stopped caring and so just seeing Thor acting like a dick and getting in to hijinks was kind of fun, and then the big crushing reveal right at the end of Ultron turning up, merged with Vision and infinity stones in hand was quite the revelation that I hope we see played out more in another episode somewhere down the line. 

Tbh just give me more Ultron. I’ll take him turning up in this for now, but I really hope he turns up again in some form in the main MCU.

Edited by FloorFiller

Massive improvement in ‘What If...? After last weeks car crash of an episode.

I give marks out out of 10 for each episode in order as 4, 6, 8, 10, 6, 4, 2, 10 (I feel like I should chuck  in an odd number somewhere... or change to marks out of 5 😄)

I never would have thought a show could be so fecking variable. Part of me wishes it was consistently rubbish so I could stop watching, but I’m actually looking forward to the conclusion now after seeing some of the threads come together. Hoping...

Edited by John the Moth
Typo

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

As opposed to all of the other MCU content where it’s resolved with nice cup of tea and a chat.

There's an alternative cut of Endgame where instead of the epic multi-hero final battle Thanos and Captain America have an intense philosophical debate over the merits of committing genocide in the pursuit of a supposed greater good.

Then Cap twats him over the head with a shield.

Not sure what to make of that. I like the concept but if Ultron has the infinity stones and has destroyed/silenced his own universe, then what are Nat and Clint doing running about? Especially as Ultron is seemingly chasing them using drones made out of what must be cheap plastic and petrol, given how they explode.

How on earth is he going to be defeated by basically a Zola computer virus when he holds the stones? Basically the end of Independence Day but a whole ton worse.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

Not sure what to make of that. I like the concept but if Ultron has the infinity stones and has destroyed/silenced his own universe, then what are Nat and Clint doing running about? Especially as Ultron is seemingly chasing them using drones made out of what must be cheap plastic and petrol, given how they explode.

How on earth is he going to be defeated by basically a Zola computer virus when he holds the stones? Basically the end of Independence Day but a whole ton worse.

I thought the stones only worked in their own universe anyway?

There was a great bit in Loki where they were being used as paperweights.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I thought the stones only worked in their own universe anyway?

There was a great bit in Loki where they were being used as paperweights.

That's a damn good point now you mention it. I thought it was ridiculous that Ultron suddenly had a heightened sense of reality/the multiverse that Thanos obviously didn't have. Now thinking back to Loki it seems even worse. Unless it was meant as a throwaway joke in Loki and they didn't expect it to become canon or even matter. 

Yeah that episode was riddled with inconsistencies and plot holes like certain characters (namely Gamora) being around despite Thanos having the stones/other events that would’ve taken characters out of the picture, but tbh I don’t really care as I’m just looking at these things as a bit of fun in between the main events. Was good to see Ultron used to his full potential (and then some) after he ended up being a bit lacklustre in his film and I’m interested to see how they tie everything together at the end.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

As opposed to all of the other MCU content where it’s resolved with nice cup of tea and a chat.

Well yes, that's what I mean when I say always. Superhumans, technological wonders and literal gods. Twatting each other.

I enjoy the MCU. But I do find my attention drifting for the later parts of the films

2 hours ago, jump said:

Apparently there was loads of problems with the production of What If. The episodes ended up being shorter due to covid and they wrote a few scripts that had to be binned as they ended up being too close to the next Thor and Guardians films.

Shorter makes sense. Some of them have felt ridiculously rushed 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:07 AM, John the Moth said:

Yup, looks great. I got on at the ground floor with Issue 1 waaaay back in ‘89. TIme to revisit 🙂

I honestly didn't even know this show was in production, but about a month ago I picked up the Sandman book one deluxe edition, just finished it tonight, wow. 

It really is outstanding. I ordered book two at the weekend and I'm already annoyed that it probably won't arrive until next week now. 

Buzzing for the show too now I've seen the trailer. Looks true the source material based on that short clip, and Gwendoline Christie is a fantastic bit of casting. 

6 hours ago, priest17 said:

Not a lot I can do about it but I'm a bit miffed about all the Venom 2 spoilers I've seen in YouTube thumbnails and titles, considering it doesn't come out here for another 2 weeks. 

I think this is one of these instances where Sony were happy to let it leak in order to create buzz. Probably why there was such a staggered release for it. Never really a great sign when the end-credit scene gets more people talking than the actual movie. 

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I think this is one of these instances where Sony were happy to let it leak in order to create buzz. Probably why there was such a staggered release for it. Never really a great sign when the end-credit scene gets more people talking than the actual movie. 

Nah, Bond was out the same day in the UK so they were worried it would eat all other films in the UK so they moved a few weeks later. They were right as they wont even show other films at my local cinema.