Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

An appeal for mercy... some of us (i.e. me) are not gonna see Shang Chi for a while.

No spoilers, or at least flag them up well in advance. Ta.

Well the thread has spoilers in its title. I think it's kinda nuts everyone spends years trying to figure out the movies, looking at rumours, analysing the trailers and going on about the multiverse this & that but don't actually want spoilers. lol

1 hour ago, jump said:

Well the thread has spoilers in its title. I think it's kinda nuts everyone spends years trying to figure out the movies, looking at rumours, analysing the trailers and going on about the multiverse this & that but don't actually want spoilers. lol

“Shows” is in the title, not movies 😝

But seriously. Get what you’re saying, but I personally avoid as much as I can before seeing a movie or a show, barring some trailers, and usually never pop in here unless I’ve seen the latest episode of whatever show is running.

Problem here is that What if...? Runs beyond the Shang Chi release date 😉

What If...? Episode 4 was.... awesome!

Best yet, solid story, well paced, emotional core, and for the first time a real sense that there’s something at stake. Don’t know whether the animation has changed too or my perception of it has, but it seemed more rich and engaging, less plastic looking.

Last weeks was a massive step up, this was another league entirely.

Yeah good fun that. Maybe I need to watch doctor strange again coz it seemed like a bit of a dramatic change for him from the start but I guess that's just part and parcel with the multiverse thing (and I might just be out and out wrong).

Good to see some proper stakes though, makes Spiderman and Strange's own outtings a little more interesting from what we see here.

2>4>3>1 for me but I had 3 spoiled in a big way before I could watch it so didn't get to experience the mystery. I'm seemingly alone putting 2 top as well, I just thought it was mad fun.

19 hours ago, jump said:

The new Venom poster is showing Shriek is in it too and I didn't realise this before but this is also Andy Serkis making his directorial debut with the movie.

Did he not direct some Jungle Book movie? I feel like it came out around the same time as the Disney remake so was a bit overshadowed.

Edit: was apparently called Mowgli.

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Did he not direct some Jungle Book movie? I feel like it came out around the same time as the Disney remake so was a bit overshadowed.

Nah that was Jon Favreau. It's a bit nuts he went from directing Elf as his only hit film to Iron Man and effectively created the Marvel movie template.

2 minutes ago, jump said:

Nah that was Jon Favreau. It's a bit nuts he went from directing Elf as his only hit film to Iron Man and effectively created the Marvel movie template.

Favreau directed the new Disney Jungle Book - Serkis directed another version called Mowgli that I’m pretty sure nobody actually watched.

On 9/1/2021 at 9:53 AM, John the Moth said:

Don’t know whether the animation has changed too or my perception of it has, but it seemed more rich and engaging, less plastic looking

I just think the animation style suits the magic effects of this episode more than the action or space stuff if the previous ones. The corruption of Strange as he kept absorbing more creatures looked absolutely fantastic.

56 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I just think the animation style suits the magic effects of this episode more than the action or space stuff if the previous ones. The corruption of Strange as he kept absorbing more creatures looked absolutely fantastic.

Yeah it was incredible, reminded me of some of the best anime stuff.

Shang Chi is awesome, it’s one of my favourite Marvel films now.

The action and visuals are cool and don’t suffer from looking samey like a lot of the Marvel films do, Tony Leung really stands out, Shang Chi himself is great and I was expecting Awkwafina to become annoying with one liners but she was great too.

Another thumbs up for Shang-Chi here. The action sequences were amazing, Shang-Chi himself was a really charming character and I really enjoyed this introduction for him. 

I was worried Awkwafina was just going to be the comedy relief but she had some pretty heartfelt moments of her own nice to see some proper character development for her. 

We see a familiar face show up, I didn't realise they were in it and it was a pleasant surprise to have not had something spoiled so I won't say anymore than that they delivered some of the funniest lines the MCU has had in some time. 

Two end credit scenes, both of which I'd say are worth sticking round for as they actually add some development unlike some others. 

49 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

We see a familiar face show up, I didn't realise they were in it and it was a pleasant surprise to have not had something spoiled so I won't say anymore than that they delivered some of the funniest lines the MCU has had in some time. 

I was getting a bit bored at that point, but that really picked things up. Made a lot of sense too, and hammered home who we were dealing with as the main villain.