Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Or living slightly in the future 😉

😂

Loads to dissect in that trailer! 

Pretty sure there is a glimpse of Matt Murdock, hints or views of 5 of the Sinister 6, all the multiverse stuff... I'll have to rewatch when I'm up in a few hours! 

Wonder how they'll link Strange's spell and the events of Loki.

I’m obviously incredibly hyped for this, but I also still can’t shake off the feeling that they’re trying to bite off more than they can chew with so much going on in this film. Got total faith in Marvel to deliver, but I’m certainly expecting some pretty outlandish/stupid/rushed plot points to get to where they need to be to have the old Sony villains in it (like Doctor Strange just fucking with time and space because Peter wants him to). Here’s hoping they pull it off because it looks like it’s gonna be a huge film in the MCU.

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m obviously incredibly hyped for this, but I also still can’t shake off the feeling that they’re trying to bite off more than they can chew with so much going on in this film. Got total faith in Marvel to deliver, but I’m certainly expecting some pretty outlandish/stupid/rushed plot points to get to where they need to be to have the old Sony villains in it (like Doctor Strange just fucking with time and space because Peter wants him to). Here’s hoping they pull it off because it looks like it’s gonna be a huge film in the MCU.

Part of me wonders if it's a case of 'throwing everything at it' with it potentially being the last use Marvel will have of the character.

The spell part is directly from one of the comic storylines 'One More Day' but I think it will line up with Loki and WandaVision.

Screenshot_20210824-080847-043.png

Edited by vintagelaureate

I don’t normally foam at the mouth over trailers, usually don’t even watch them, but yeah that trailer is a bit good init. If that movie retains the heart and relatable teen movie vibes of the first two Spidey films and injects a shit tonne of Marvel multiverse-ness, it could be a total classic. A lot to juggle, and trailers aren’t too much of an indicator, but I’m excited.

I saw an alledgedly leaked shot of Maguire and Garfield in their respective spidey suits together. I figured for merchandise reasons alone, Garfield would probably be Spider-Man Noir at this point, as he copes with the death of Gwen Stacey. Now with Doc Ock CGI de-aged, I'm wondering if the other worlds overlap with all the Peter Parker's at the same point in their lives. Maybe the Spideys can prevent Gwen's death and give his story an end it never had.

(of course there might be some villain like Kang going through these timelines now they're open, picking Spidey baddies at their most powerful and bringing them to MCU world. There's a green goblin in the trailer)

I definitely think Marvel was originally planning their own Sinister Six with Vulture, Scorpion, Mysterio etc appearing but Sony banjaxed it with their solo villain movies and instead insisted they use these old Sony movie villains. Remember Kraven was hotly tipped to originally be the villain of this film (hunting Peter who’s now on the run) but Sony are now doing a solo film for him instead. 

Interested to see how they handle the likes of Electro and Lizard in this film because they are were both a bit shit in their respective Andrew Garfield films. Very Hyped for Alfred Molina and Willem Dafoe returning though, and of course the other two Spider-Men. Into the Spider-Verse being such a hit must’ve guided the direction of this film in a big way; reckon it’d be completely different without it existing.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I definitely think Marvel was originally planning their own Sinister Six with Vulture, Scorpion, Mysterio etc appearing but Sony banjaxed it with their solo villain movies and instead insisted they use these old Sony movie villains. Remember Kraven was hotly tipped to originally be the villain of this film (hunting Peter who’s now on the run) but Sony are now doing a solo film for him instead. 

Interested to see how they handle the likes of Electro and Lizard in this film because they are were both a bit shit in their respective Andrew Garfield films. Very Hyped for Alfred Molina and Willem Dafoe returning though, and of course the other two Spider-Men. Into the Spider-Verse being such a hit must’ve guided the direction of this film in a big way; reckon it’d be completely different without it existing.

At least the Sony thing means we are spared the god awful Topher Grace/Venom stuff.

8 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Very intriguing that...

I mean that can't be the Strange we know can it? Would he willingly perform that kind of spell?

I’m sure (or at least I hope) there’ll be explanation for why he’s doing something so out of character, but yeah… seems kind of weird and ‘we need a reason to quickly fuck the multiverse to get these villains out’ from the trailer. 

1 minute ago, 1986 said:

So do we assume the timeline fuckery of this is a result of the Loki finale or coincidentally separate?

I'd imagine it's all linked, Loki is turning up in Strange's next film.

Best guess is Strange accidentally blows a hole in the multiverse in this one then spends his own film figuring out what happens, leading him to Loki.

24 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Very intriguing that...

I mean that can't be the Strange we know can it? Would he willingly perform that kind of spell?

Strange is very arrogant. Very competent too, which is exactly why he'd help this young boy who he saved the world with, who has become a national hate figure and had his life ruined. I think Strange not understanding there's a multiverse is the problem.

I'm sure Strange's own film is about his hubris.

59 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Really want Keaton Vulture back. Interesting how they left him protecting Peter's secret, and now it really doesn't matter. Guess he's probably off the board now he's Batman again.

4 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Really want Keaton Vulture back. Interesting how they left him protecting Peter's secret, and now it really doesn't matter. Guess he's probably off the board now he's Batman again.

Keaton is gonna be in the Morbius movie, you can see him in the trailer.

That Morbius movie is 100% gonna suck so I hate that that’s how they’ve decided to use the Vulture/Keaton now. Sony’s whole thing of using Spider-Man villains without being able to explicitly mention Spider-Man is so dumb, especially when he’s tied so directly to a lot of them.

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

In other news the reviews for Shang-Chi are looking promising. Looks like it's coming to Disney 45 days after cinema, so will be available to watch mid-October. Happy to wait for it then.

And we’ve gone into lockdown just before the cinema  release date 😭😭😭

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

That would be directly out of 'One More Day'! 😂

I can get behind the idea of One More Day (even if that one day is just for an elderly women who’s about to die soon anyway) as a chance to reset the stupid ideas they but in Spider Man but they left Gwen fucking The Green Goblin and having his kids. Of all the things that needed binning that should have been at the top of the list!