Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wanna see Suicide Squad, but doubt I'll be able to get to a cinema anytime soon.

Annoyed it hasn't been made available on early pay per view.

@jump - where is the big Starro?

It's in Leicester Square. Apparently Peter Capaldi was there yesterday taking pics with people in front of it.

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wanna see Suicide Squad, but doubt I'll be able to get to a cinema anytime soon.

Annoyed it hasn't been made available on early pay per view.

@jump - where is the big Starro?

It is across the pond so will be available in HD with a bit of sneaky sneaky. Could lob a cinema ticket at it to alleviate any moral woes.

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

It is across the pond so will be available in HD with a bit of sneaky sneaky. Could lob a cinema ticket at it to alleviate any moral woes.

That was my orginal plan for Wonder Woman 84, I had booked tixs to see it in the cinema but then London lockdown happned so I was gonna buy a random tix at a cinema that was still open but then I saw the film, fuck giving it money!

13 minutes ago, jump said:

That was my orginal plan for Wonder Woman 84, I had booked tixs to see it in the cinema but then London lockdown happned so I was gonna buy a random tix at a cinema that was still open but then I saw the film, fuck giving it money!

Ahah I never caught it. Been cinema a fair bit recently so will probably end up watching it there at some point, dunno if I can be arsed goin on my own tomorrow though so might have a sneak peak

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I've never actually accessed a single film or album through dodgy means.

You could try a VPN and get HBO for a month. I actually use my VPN on Netflix so I can access movies in the US which is a different selection than in the UK like Gunpowder Milkshake which is out now but won’t be released in the UK til later in the year.

*edit* I’ve just seen this. ScarJo is suing Marvel over Black Widow for lost earnings. Her bonus was tied to box office performance which she says was affected by the movie also being released on Disney+ too. I hope she wins. https://variety.com/2021/film/news/scarlett-johansson-sues-disney-black-widow-1235030582/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by jump

11 hours ago, priest17 said:

It's not on HBO until next week though. 😐 

I've got an Odeon Unlimited card but I haven't been since before Christmas!

9 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

It's not on HBO until next week though. 😐 

I've got an Odeon Unlimited card but I haven't been since before Christmas!

I hope we get all these films a week early. Piracy is probably a bigger issue now.

Just checked, and the Sopranos film is now a week ahead of the states too. Was meant to be a month behind, which would've actually killed me. I'd have to leave the internet.

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m happy I didn’t spend any money watching the first one. You lot will have to let me know if it’s worth spending money on the reboot

Suicide Squad is very good, it's what you'd imagine from a James Gunn 18-rated film. Some things slightly miss their mark but it's a completely different entity to the other one.

And the after credits scene has implications to for a future DC project!

Just finished Loki. Really good stuff, towards the end. It was a bit of an inverse WandaVision for me. I thought that had a superb run until Agatha went witchy, then it felt a bit more forced and a lot of the charm and nuance vanished. 

Loki was a slow burn until the last couple of episodes, and at points even dragged a bit. But the final episode was brilliant and as a way to introduce the next wave of terror into the MCU, nothing short of poetic. 

I think WandaVision pipped Loki, though. Two great shows, but WV had a greater sense of innovation and creativity about it. 

I really enjoyed Suicide Squad, I liked the characters, lots of fun and visually it's really interesting. Also it has Starro, one of the most brilliantly stupid and terrifying baddies you can think and it works!

Despite most of DC's films sucking some of them look really great (Birds Of Prey in particular looked cool) compared to Marvel which can come off as bit too samey and "off the shelf" which is understandable since of how tightly produced they are and are meant to be in a shared universe so they can't look that different from each other.

Edited by jump

17 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Been catching up on Harley Quinn on All4, forgot that it come out.

The Bane prison episode is just genius. In fact, Bane full stop, is just genius.

I feel like a lot of their characters are just perfect and brilliant caricatures like Aquaman, Damien Wayne, Kite Man, Doctor Psycho (he's ruined Toy Story 4 when I watched it as every time I hear Forky as a misogynistic arsehole), Maxie Zeus, Queen of Fables etc.

It's weird it has taken this long to see Harley Quinn in UK as I watched it lasst year.

3 hours ago, jump said:

I feel like a lot of their characters are just perfect and brilliant caricatures like Aquaman, Damien Wayne, Kite Man, Doctor Psycho (he's ruined Toy Story 4 when I watched it as every time I hear Forky as a misogynistic arsehole), Maxie Zeus, Queen of Fables etc.

It's weird it has taken this long to see Harley Quinn in UK as I watched it lasst year.

Favourite bit of the whole thing so far was Bane getting angry over the Two Face poster “I SAID IT WAS TOO MUCH OF A THINKER!!”

Give that lad his own spin off.

On 8/7/2021 at 10:02 AM, vintagelaureate said:

Rumours started to come out that The Eternals and Spider-Man: No Way Home (as well as Venom 2) are going to be pushed back to 2022.

Wouldn't surprise me. The fact that there has still been no trailer for No Way Home and if it's the multiverse based movie the rumours suggest, then Sony/Marvel aren't going to risk a poor box office return on it. That in turn does mean we may see a domino effect of their other movies being pushed back as they all link in. 

Aye I think Marvel/Disney were okay with Black Widow not making ginormous numbers because, well, it was never really going to, but the films lined up henceforth, especially Spider-Man, should be huge money makers for them so I can’t see them sitting back and letting everybody stream and/or pirate them instead because people aren’t going to the cinema. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see everything post-Shang-Chi (or even that as well) get delayed unfortunately, although not sure what that would mean for all the TV shows as I’m sure they all link in together.

I'm just pointing out Spider Man is a Sony film not a Disney one so their reasoning may be different but I see the bigger problem as all the lawsuits Disney are getting from thier stars losing money by co-releasing them on Disney+, if they can't redo the deals then Disney may delay them.

23 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm just pointing out Spider Man is a Sony film not a Disney one so their reasoning may be different but I see the bigger problem as all the lawsuits Disney are getting from thier stars losing money by co-releasing them on Disney+, if they can't redo the deals then Disney may delay them.

I don't think any of the other Marvel films are currently slated for a Disney+ release. Shang Chi isn't but they already know that might not do huge numbers due to the battle they're having with China (it mightn't get released there; coincidentally the same issue with The Eternals). 

But like said above, if they delay anything the knock on effect is they need to move everything (film and TV) but they'd rather do that than take a massive financial hit on what are predicted to be some of their biggest numbers.

Edited by vintagelaureate