Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that somebody confirmed the inclusion of a dragon in the film but that it’s not gonna be Fing Fang Foom. Maybe something they’re saving for a potential sequel.

Yeah, the toys to the film leaked last year. There's a drargon called the "The Great Protector" in it.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:56 PM, jimmillen said:

Funny you should say that, it is a Samsung!

I'll have a play with the settings - not touched them since we bought it just before Christmas. We don't watch a huge amount of TV so it's possible we've just not watched anything with enough dark scenes in to notice it until now.

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

Had a check on the telly. On picture settings we switched from standard to dynamic, then in expert settings increase the shadow detail setting and brightness setting.

See how you get on playing around with those.

Mid-credits scene this week with our first look at Richard E Grant, and they’ve absolutely nailed his casting I must say.

Looks like the Kang/time keeper theories were wrong then and he won’t be turning up in this, but I’d kind of gone off that idea anyway. edit: actually scrap that, he could easily still be behind it and it would actually make sense for that to be the case now. I’m back on the Kang train.

Best episode yet easily. Big reveals, twists and turns. Hyped for where next week’s episode is gonna take us.

Edited by FloorFiller

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Mid-credits scene this week with our first look at Richard E Grant, and they’ve absolutely nailed his casting I must say.

Looks like the Kang/time keeper theories were wrong then and he won’t be turning up in this, but I’d kind of gone off that idea anyway. edit: actually scrap that, he could easily still be behind it and it would actually make sense for that to be the case now. I’m back on the Kang train.

Best episode yet easily. Big reveals, twists and turns. Hyped for where next week’s episode is gonna take us.

Another good Loki, absolutely batshit mental in places.

My knowledge of Loki comics isn’t too hot so the significance of the post credits was lost on me a little. Looking forward to finding out more next week.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Another good Loki, absolutely batshit mental in places.

My knowledge of Loki comics isn’t too hot so the significance of the post credits was lost on me a little. Looking forward to finding out more next week.

I don't know the comics but that shot of the Loki's filled me with glee, was staring at the frame for ages. Like, I don't know who they are but Grants outfit was outstanding and there was a Loki crocodile and they were in what looked like a destroyed New York (maybe a universe he won the battle of New York?).

Fucking great episode, looked fantastic and was so weird at points I was half expecting it to be a dream. Pulled the last episode up a peg as well somehow for me. Great TV. Next week seems a long way away.

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Agreed.

IGN have lost the plot

image.thumb.png.c4ab35b8c19b107df84885e82819f549.png

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Also I've watched enough doctor who to know them sticks weren't killing anyone. Surprised Loki didn't wake up on a dalek ship.

Glad that we weren’t left mourning Owen Wilson for too long. Looking forward to seeing either him or one of his variants say ‘wow’ in whatever place they’ve ended up in.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Right now I’m ranking Loki not quite as good as Wandavision, but much better than bird and boy.

Oh, and IGN has been shite for years. Never bother reading it anymore.

They have, but this is utterly bizarre even by their recent standards. They just pump out content for contents sake now but their reviews are usually at least in the ball park.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Glad that we weren’t left mourning Owen Wilson for too long. Looking forward to seeing either him or one of his variants say ‘wow’ in whatever place they’ve ended up in.

I’m about 100% sure one of the final scenes of this show will be Owen Wilson back in his original life riding a jet ski. 

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Right now I’m ranking Loki not quite as good as Wandavision, but much better than bird and boy.

Loki seems like it could go in a really interesting and exciting direction from here, especially if it actually does turn out that Kang is controlling everything behind the scenes, so I just hope they don’t flub another ending with it turning out to be a big nothing again instead.

I know I’m dumb for once again being on the ‘it’s a big villain behind the scenes!’ hype train, but it just seems so right for what’s transpired here, unlike Mephisto just popping out of nowhere in the final ten minutes of Wandavision.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Loki seems like it could go in a really interesting and exciting direction from here, especially if it actually does turn out that Kang is controlling everything behind the scenes, so I just hope they don’t flub another ending with it turning out to be a big nothing again instead.

I know I’m dumb for once again being on the ‘it’s a big villain behind the scenes!’ hype train, but it just seems so right for what’s transpired here, unlike Mephisto just popping out of nowhere in the final ten minutes of Wandavision.

This one certainly seems most likely to introduce a major new villain. Nobody can be accused of overthinking this one - Kang hints are numerous and convincing so far.

Fwiw, im currently finding this the weakest of the three shows so far. Has the potentially to have the best ending as you say, but 4 episodes in I was enjoying Wanda and Falcon much more. I like Loki’s character a lot but not sure he’s quite engaging me as much as Sam or Wanda as a main character, so far at least.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The writing was on the wall for Wandavision when you worked out how long was left and the loose threads, I still wanted to believe though. We've got nearly 2 hours left of Loki though, plenty of time to make something happen.

Too early to tell obviously but I'd go Loki > WV >> the other one. I'm buzzin for What If (think they should do more animated stuff a la star wars (watch the bad batch it's great)) and the idea that it might not just be completely random stories but have a minor link to the sacred MCU would be super ace. 

Really enjoyed that episode, I can't wait to see which way they take it.

In bad news though, or perhaps there is a twist to come, the director said that Owen Wilson doesn't say "wow" all series (although it was only a "I don't think so").

Final shot, Owen Wilson starting up his jet ski "wow". 

I am very much enjoying Loki. Episode 4 really moved things along. Loved the mid end credits scene! Wandavision is still my current favourite of the three MCU tv shows so far but I can see this overtaking it by the time it ends. Very intrigued to see how it affects the wider MCU. Excelsior!

Cracking episode, made up for Ep3 which I suppose had to do a lot of set up. Loki dressed normally in a white shirt is very distracting though. I just see that creepy Centrum ad that Tom Hiddleston made for China

That was brilliantly spoofed by Phil Wang

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Black Widow is out this week - is anyone actually going to pay for it via Disney+?

On the fence here, on one hand I want to see it, on the other I don't really want to pay and apparently it'll just be on regular Disney+ in October.

Think I'll probably wait.

I may go the cinema to watch it. Apart from the mask thing, Covid cinema is better than normal cinema. Guaranteed no-one sitting one row in front or behind and no-one within 2 seats either side.

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Black Widow is out this week - is anyone actually going to pay for it via Disney+?

On the fence here, on one hand I want to see it, on the other I don't really want to pay and apparently it'll just be on regular Disney+ in October.

Once I'm out of isolation I'll be going to the cinema to see it. 

Aye think I’ll go the cinema. Going to see Marvel films in the cinema is one of my long standing traditions so after two years without one I’m pretty keen to get back at it.

Can’t say I’m particularly excited about or expecting much from Black Widow, mind, but maybe it’ll be a pleasant surprise. Reviews seem to be mostly positive at least.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I've booked to go and see Black Widow on Wednesday. It's my first foray into the cinema since December (unless I change my mind!).

I've already had a few minor spoilers posted on my social media feeds that directly feed into other MCU projects, so I don't want to chance leaving it too long.