Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

15 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Enjoying Loki but isn’t the set just so brown and beige?

28 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

That looks great and very Star Wars-esque but inside the offices is so dark and brown!

Fits with the show's generally Brazil-like, sci-fi noir vibe, no?  The TVA is meant to look like it was last refurbished some time in the 1970s.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fits with the show's generally Brazil-like, sci-fi noir vibe, no?  The TVA is meant to look like it was last refurbished some time in the 1970s.

Absolutely Brazil, but my first thought when seeing the room with all of the lights (groan) was Ye’s Glastonbury setup!

CD558F2C-1594-4141-9E38-D89389E5E646.jpeg

8 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Predominantly positive reviews for Black Widow coming out; loads of praise for Florence Pugh's performance.

Not seen Black Widow yet (obviously), but this doesn't surprise me, as Florence Pugh has been consistently great in everything I've seen her in

On 6/20/2021 at 9:02 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

I’ve just been thinking about this. They literally have the whole of time and space to choose from and yet they chose this specific period of history on a mostly harmless planet. 

I’m trying to remember who was active during this particular time period in the marvel universe and it’s peak Howard Stark era. Did he manage to create a time machine which spawned the time keepers?

I’m pretty sure the time keepers are the equivalent of the Watchers from the comics. 

7 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m pretty sure the time keepers are the equivalent of the Watchers from the comics. 

Nah the complete opposite, the Watchers don't get involved whilst the Time Keepers are constantly pruning. The Time Keepers are the real baddies of Loki.

8 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve just been thinking about this. They literally have the whole of time and space to choose from and yet they chose this specific period of history on a mostly harmless planet. 

I’m trying to remember who was active during this particular time period in the marvel universe and it’s peak Howard Stark era. Did he manage to create a time machine which spawned the time keepers?

When did Tony travel back to in Endgame? Possibly before the ‘70s?

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

E4afHwCWUAEtN_h.jpeg

The 4 different typefaces in the logo suggest 4 different Lokis imo. Kid Loki makes sense, and I'm trying to remember if there was a bird Loki in the books at one point, named Ikol? Might be confusing that with The Sandman.

2 hours ago, Padjeq said:

The 4 different typefaces in the logo suggest 4 different Lokis imo. Kid Loki makes sense, and I'm trying to remember if there was a bird Loki in the books at one point, named Ikol? Might be confusing that with The Sandman.

Ikol was where real Loki's soul was whilst Kid Loki was growing and being better and trying to change only for original Loki to take back control.

You can't make a Hamlet without breaking a few eggs.

I doubt we'd get Ikol as it's so linked to Kid Loki's main story and I think Kid Loki will only have a little cameo.

If you want a 4th Loki then I reckon your 4th Loki is likely to be another Hiddlestone variant. I know there is talk of Kang being behind the TVA but I wouldn't be surprised if the The Time Keepers was a cover story for a Loki controlling the timeline.

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Ikol was where real Loki's soul was whilst Kid Loki was growing and being better and trying to change only for original Loki to take back control.

You can't make a Hamlet without breaking a few eggs.

I doubt we'd get Ikol as it's so linked to Kid Loki's main story and I think Kid Loki will only have a little cameo.

If you want a 4th Loki then I reckon your 4th Loki is likely to be another Hiddlestone variant. I know there is talk of Kang being behind the TVA but I wouldn't be surprised if the The Time Keepers was a cover story for a Loki controlling the timeline.

Yeah think I’m with you there. Not sure we’ll see or hear from Kang for a bit longer yet.

On 6/19/2021 at 11:26 PM, jimmillen said:

And quite dark? Or is that just my tv? 

I’m enjoying it, but feel like I’m squinting at the screen even more than usual. 

What TV do you have?

I ask as we've got a Samsung, and we found its default settings to be quite dark.  We had to bugger about with the settings quite a bit to make Mandalorian watchable

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah think I’m with you there. Not sure we’ll see or hear from Kang for a bit longer yet.

Kang would be cool.

I went hook, line and sinker for what I thought was a Mephisto tease in the first episode.  Surely he's bound to pop up sooner or later?

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

What TV do you have?

I ask as we've got a Samsung, and we found its default settings to be quite dark.  We had to bugger about with the settings quite a bit to make Mandalorian watchable

Funny you should say that, it is a Samsung!

I'll have a play with the settings - not touched them since we bought it just before Christmas. We don't watch a huge amount of TV so it's possible we've just not watched anything with enough dark scenes in to notice it until now.

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

Just now, jimmillen said:

Funny you should say that, it is a Samsung!

I'll have a play with the settings - not touched them since we bought it just before Christmas. We don't watch a huge amount of TV so it's possible we've just not watched anything with enough dark scenes in to notice it until now.

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

NP, I'll have a check later and remind myself what we did. There's a specific screen / display type we switched to, and then upped the brightness setting a bit. Pretty simple, but made a hell of a difference.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

Kang would be cool.

I went hook, line and sinker for what I thought was a Mephisto tease in the first episode.  Surely he's bound to pop up sooner or later?

You’d think so. Feels like they’re teasing a number of the bigger villains across these new shows, but each one ends with a much more straightforward conclusion. At some point they’re going to reveal someone big, but I wonder if It’s being saved for the movies? They’ve got a number of irons on the fire, so to speak.

17 minutes ago, jparx said:

You’d think so. Feels like they’re teasing a number of the bigger villains across these new shows, but each one ends with a much more straightforward conclusion. At some point they’re going to reveal someone big, but I wonder if It’s being saved for the movies? They’ve got a number of irons on the fire, so to speak.

I wonder if the teases are left intentionally vague so that they can reveal in a film then retcon back into the TV series...

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don't think they have ever actually yet teased bigger villains in any of the shows, it's just fans over thinking things and getting carried away. Someone was talking about how in Captain America's Boyz some bad guy was gonna show up and I pointed out how people got carried away with WandaVision only to be disapointed and it's just gonna be Agent 13, I was told I was wrong only then the episode comes and it's very much her. lol

It kinda makes me wish they would only reveal what the next movie or show is and nothing else as ever since Doctor Strange people won't shut up about the multiverse when there's other things to see in Marvel. I wanted to see what happened to Wanda after Endgame and Falcon becoming Captain America/John Walker being punch in his smug face but instead everyone wants to talk about how this effects what's happening 10 movies down the line.

5 minutes ago, jump said:

I don't think they have ever actually yet teased bigger villains in any of the shows, it's just fans over thinking things and getting carried away. Someone was talking about how in Captain America's Boyz some bad guy was gonna show up and I pointed out how people got carried away with WandaVision only to be disapointed and it's just gonna be Agent 13, I was told I was wrong only then the episode comes and it's very much her. lol

It kinda makes me wish they would only reveal what the next movie or show is and nothing else as ever since Doctor Strange people won't shut up about the multiverse when there's other things to see in Marvel. I wanted to see what happened to Wanda after Endgame and Falcon becoming Captain America/John Walker being punch in his smug face but instead everyone wants to talk about how this effects what's happening 10 movies down the line.

It's possible to talk about both of those things! I also enjoyed Walker getting slapped about FWIW 😄

I think it's the end product of a cinematic universe that (for the most part) has been solidly built and expanded upon over the last 10 years or so.  It's not like DC where they just seem to throw shit at the all and see if anything sticks, so I think we end up looking at those easter eggs that may or may not lead anywhere.

On the current topic, I've really enjoyed the first couple of episodes. In terms of set and decor the TVA is like Mad Men ran into Fallout and this is what fell out. And the whole CSI Loki of the first two episodes was great.

If I had one criticism of it, it would be that this feels like the Loki from Thor: Ragnarok rather than the Loki that's only just been whupped in Avengers: Assemble. Like they've jumped a few movies' worth of character development with him.