Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

11 hours ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Is it just me who thinks Owen Wilson looks a little like John slattery as Howard stark? 

ok just me then. 

I thought the same thing. My first thought was him being Howard Stark from a different reality. not too far fetched when you consider the Other Reality superheroes will look different from the MCU ones, once they turn up, like Garfield and Maguire in the new Spider-Man.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Same, thinking I might stick to my Friday afternoon/evening ritual. 

Ditto, I feel more relaxed watching Marvel stuff on a weekend. 

This means it might be harder to avoid spoilers, but hopefully it's such a mindbender of a show that spoilers need context to make sense!

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jump said:

I’ve just started watching MODOK, it’s okay. It’s feels like a longer Robot Chicken sketch and it doesn’t come close to the Harley Quinn cartoon but it’s just good enough to keep watching.

Where you watching it Jump?

First episode of MODOK last night.

I'll give it a couple more episodes, but at the moment it's a no from me.  None of the jokes really hit for me, but it's a style of humour that's normally right up my street.  Just felt like a much less good version of Robot Chicken. And I know they know how to get superheroes right because their DC stuff was bang on for the most part.

Massively underwhelmed.

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

First episode of MODOK last night.

I'll give it a couple more episodes, but at the moment it's a no from me.  None of the jokes really hit for me, but it's a style of humour that's normally right up my street.  Just felt like a much less good version of Robot Chicken. And I know they know how to get superheroes right because their DC stuff was bang on for the most part.

Massively underwhelmed.

Yeah, I reckon its in part because Robot Chicken for example referencing Aquaman is no longer a deep cut for comic/geekdom now since Aquaman is mainstream so they to get the same level they have to try a lot harder than showing Iron Man’s boot.

I can’t imagine it will come close to other recent mature comic cartoons like Harley Quinn or Invincible though. Both of which are legit fucking great and are worth checking out.

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Been reading up on the Eternals as it’s one of the areas of Marvel I’ve never really bothered with.

Sounds complicated.

I am fairly upto date and knowledgeable on comics but I’ve not got a clue when it comes to The Eternals too. There was a Neil Gaiman run I always intended to read more because it’s Neil Gaiman than because they making an Eternals movie but I never actually did so I will try that at some point.

Have you found a good jumping on point or is it like old skool X-Men where it’s needlessly complicated so there isn’t one?