Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

After being all set to give up on it after episode 3 I’ve really enjoyed the last two.

Yeah I was the same but the last two episodes have me really invested now, and looking forward to the last episode. Got a lot to tie up so could be amazing. Been reading that they had to cut major storylines due to the pandemic such as a virus angle, so hopefully they can tie it all together. They have cut a coherent story together anyway so I think they will.

After yesterday's episode I was on IMDB trying to see if I could find the running time of the final episode when I noticed episode 3, when Sharon appears, is actually called "Power Broker". Didn't think of it at the time but seems another fairly obvious nod to it being her. 

On 4/10/2021 at 10:09 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah, I'm a huge fan.

It's obviously very different to WandaVision but all things considered I'm just as entertained. Agree with @FloorFiller that a huge part of that is down to Zemo/Daniel Bruhl's performance. I'm also enjoying Sam's story, howev I'm also enjoying Sam's story, however I have to admit that as time ticks on Bucky is becoming less and less relevant. Let's see what happens in the next couple of episodes but I'm already feeling like this could've just been "The Falcon" and no one would really have noticed the difference.

This take is cheerfully withdrawn. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

17 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This show's still way better than I was expecting.  It's surprisingly(?) political.

It's supposed to be. And the Cap movies ( barring some Civil War cheese moments ) were all political. I mean being post snap they had to address how the world was trying to sort itself out.

Most likely Sharon is the Power Broker but apparently there still might be one more cameo coming.

The more I think about Sharon being the Power Broker the less sense it makes so I’ve kind of 180’d on that and think it’ll be somebody else. Who, I have no idea, but that phone call we saw her having in the latest episode seemed a bit too obvious of a ‘hint’ and think it’s more misdirection than anything else.

Or maybe it is her and they’ll explain away the reasons it doesn’t seem to make much sense right now.

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Looks great! Excited for that now. 

Eternals trailer soon? Probably after the Oscars so Marvel can say "From Academy Award winning director Chloe Zhao".  

Eternals wont happen til Black Widow is released at the earliest. Theyre not going to try and promote 3 movies at one time. And considering the climate stateside regarding asian americans theyll really be pushing shang chi to make a lot of money at the box office. 

Edited by Suprefan

Looks pretty good! Stoked that we’re finally getting the real Mandarin after getting blueballed in Iron Man 3, and I’m guessing Trevor Slattery/fake Mandarin will make a cameo along the way. 

Have found Marvel’s origin story films to have become a little generic/samey for a while now so hoping this can break that trope.

On 4/18/2021 at 9:03 AM, FloorFiller said:

The more I think about Sharon being the Power Broker the less sense it makes so I’ve kind of 180’d on that and think it’ll be somebody else. Who, I have no idea, but that phone call we saw her having in the latest episode seemed a bit too obvious of a ‘hint’ and think it’s more misdirection than anything else.

Or maybe it is her and they’ll explain away the reasons it doesn’t seem to make much sense right now.

They spend the whole series building it up as so obviously Sharon and it’s actually been Victor Von Doom the whole time 😎

I do agree that Sharon has been almost too obvious, and I’m starting to think it actually might be Elaine?

12 hours ago, jparx said:

They spend the whole series building it up as so obviously Sharon and it’s actually been Victor Von Doom the whole time 😎

I do agree that Sharon has been almost too obvious, and I’m starting to think it actually might be Elaine?

Just remember WandaVision where everyone thought the obvious things were too obvious but ended up being the obvious thing anyway. 

Shang Chi looks great! This film caught my eye more so than the other upcoming films just because it has a chance to do something different and I’m a sucka for a good Kung Fu movie. I know people are using it to bitch about Iron Fist (which it fully deserves) but I do wish there was a season 3 as they course corrected so much in the season 2 when they got a show runner who actually knows Iron Fist, Colleen Wing was legit great and The Tournament of the Heavenly Cities would have been great for a season.

The obvious direction for WandaVision pretty much was subverted by teasing these outlandish things and not delivering. Maybe that’s partly due to how Covid disrupted the filming, it all worked well either way. But the surprise of WandaVis was almost that there wasn’t a surprise after dropping all these clues.

Falcon hasn’t really dropped any hints or clues and has followed a fairly straightforward (and great) path, and maybe it just delivers a standard conclusion, but I really wouldn’t be shocked if they pulled out something left field.

We knew the climax of WandaVision would lead into the next Doctor Strange, but there's no indication of what happens after this series. Falcon will presumably be the new Cap, but what's he gonna do? He getting his own film? Or the lead in another series?

If Sharon is the Power Broker, I'm also guessing she'll either be a secret skrull or incredibly deeply involved, knowing that it's already taking place. All the announcements for the Secret Invasion show this weeks makes me think it's gonna kick off in the Falcon/Soldier finale.

Guessing which heroes are Skrulls is gonna be a lot of fun. Them using the confusion of the blip to infiltrate makes a lot of sense.

3 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Falcon will presumably be the new Cap, but what's he gonna do? He getting his own film? Or the lead in another series?

I'm presuming it's just a case of building him up as the new leader for the next Avengers film?

I was actually thinking about this the other day. By the time the next Avengers film roles around, who's in the core team, who's the extended "team"/call ups and who's left. Something like this make sense/anyone I'm missing?

Core Team

• New Cap (Sam)
  • New Falcon (Torres)
  • Bucky
  • Ant-Man
  • Wasp
  • Hulk (Puny Banner version)
  • Thor (Odinson or Jane TBC)
  • War Machine

Extended Team

• Doctor Strange
  • Spidey
  • Black Panther (TBC)
  • Captain Marvel
  • She-Hulk
  • Ms Marvel
  • Shang-Chi
  • GOTG

TBC

• Scarlett Witch (potential villain)
  • Grey Vision (as above)
  • New Black Widow (as above again)
  • Hawkeye (Barton or Bishop TBC)
  • Young Avengers

anyone I'm missing?

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm presuming it's just a case of building him up as the new leader for the next Avengers film?

I was actually thinking about this the other day. By the time the next Avengers film roles around, who's in the core team, who's the extended "team"/call ups and who's left. Something like this make sense/anyone I'm missing?

Core Team

• New Cap (Sam)
  • New Falcon (Torres)
  • Bucky
  • Ant-Man
  • Wasp
  • Hulk
  • Thor
  • War Machine

Extended Team

• Doctor Strange
  • Spidey
  • Black Panther
  • Captain Marvel
  • She-Hulk
  • Ms Marvel
  • Shang-Chi
  • GOTG

TBC

• Scarlett Witch (potential villain)
  • Grey Vision (as above)

anyone I'm missing?

Team is looking a lot weaker these days...