Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bird and Boy has been what I suspected it would be from the start - Marvel by numbers. Lots of action, lots of travelling between locations looking for people/information, getting into fights, moving on to next location...

It’s just not that interesting.

It's not even marvel by numbers, marvel films usually have actual likable superheroes in them, this is more action/spy film tropes by numbers.

It's done pretty well, shoulda studied the fast franchise a bit harder though for how to do action films well 👀👀👀.

Helps run down the clock for Loki as well, I'm not nearly enjoying it as much as I was WV.

Really ready for a marvel film at this point, I'm not massively arsed about it but I'll be first in line to see Black Widow.

Well I’m really enjoying it! I think the fact there’s been no leaks or silly speculation has definitely helped and hopefully they can stick the landing with this one because of that.

I love what they’ve done with Zemo this time around and think he steals the show any time he’s on screen. Think he’s gonna be sticking around for a while and ultimately end up being a major part of the rumoured Thunderbolts series so that should be good.

Also really thought we were gonna get a cameo from Chadwick right at the start there when it went straight to Wakanda.

Damn this show is great stuff! Never thought it would come close to WandaVision after how much fun that show was, but it’s right there with it. It doesn’t have quite the same personality, but oh shit the tension is off the scale! That last 5 minutes or so was like peak GoT on the tension scale. Incredible stuff.

With just a couple episodes left it sure feels like there’s a lot to wrap up here, with seemingly four villains in play. Thinking the Power Broker is Sharon, partly because I can’t see them introducing another new character (unless it’s left as a dangling thread, which I can definitely see at this stage). 

That last shot, dayum. This episode was good, and the location for the whole affair was top which you can't say for a lot of marvel. Weirdly glad someone died from one of the ol' super punches? Adds a lot of context and really seperates the supers from the nots which is good. 

An hour and a half left, where do we go from here? I know @FloorFiller has suggested no speculation and leaks is a good thing and I say balls to that! 

Wolverine! Scorpion! Mephisto?! It's gotta be someone and they're probably no one!

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-cameo-episode-5/

Yeah, I'm a huge fan.

It's obviously very different to WandaVision but all things considered I'm just as entertained. Agree with @FloorFiller that a huge part of that is down to Zemo/Daniel Bruhl's performance. I'm also enjoying Sam's story, however I have to admit that as time ticks on Bucky is becoming less and less relevant. Let's see what happens in the next couple of episodes but I'm already feeling like this could've just been "The Falcon" and no one would really have noticed the difference. 

I'm enjoying it in a completely different way to WandaVision.

The director has teased that Episode 5 is a big one. Apparently introduces a new "grounded" character and is a bit of a tearjerker. 

I could see them looking back at Isaiah's time as Captain America. The actor they used was in aged make up which must have been purposeful. Maybe that's where Sam will get the Shield from setting up a showdown vs. John Walker in the finale? 

I agree that I think Sharon Carter is the Power Broker, I think it would be too late to throw a new villain in now... but who knows? 

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

An hour and a half left, where do we go from here? I know @FloorFiller has suggested no speculation and leaks is a good thing and I say balls to that! 

Wolverine! Scorpion! Mephisto?! It's gotta be someone and they're probably no one!

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-cameo-episode-5/

Eh I don’t mind a bit of speculation and I’ve been pretty on the ball with it all with each Marvel project, but all the ‘leaks’ that sounded awesome that then turned out to be bollocks just made what we eventually got in WandaVision seem especially disappointing, so I’m glad it’s been fairly muted for this in terms of actual big ‘scoops’. 

Either way, stoked for these last two episodes and I’ll do my best to temper my expectations for whoever the cameo is. 

And yeah, I can’t see past Sharon being the power broker myself. Just seems the logical fit.

Wow, that very last shot. Proper The Boys vibes on it! 

I love both, but I'm enjoying F&WS a tiny bit more than WV if I'm honest. WV was more original and a fantastic concept, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't just absolutely love people punching the fuck out of each other. 

33 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Enjoyed the surprise cameo. Not entirely sure who they are playing but a welcome addition to the MCU.

Apparently she’s also in Black Widow so after her interaction with John Walker I’m gonna guess she’s the one doing the rounding up of the villains for the Thunderbolts/some kind of anti-Avengers team (with Taskmaster being the one from BW). Looking forward to who else they end up getting - lots of old villains still active in the MCU. 

Here I was on the verge of an emotional breakdown after that stunning episode, only to head online and see it described as slow, meandering and boring? I feel like people now think TV shows have to follow the Game of Thrones formula or it's no good and too slow. I really like the old trope of having a slower, character focussed episode before the big finale (Greatest Hits from LOST being the best example) and this was no different for me. Really excited for next week with how much they've set up! Not sure how on earth they're going to weave Sharon in to it as well as paying off Flag Smasher and John Walker at the same time?!

Are we thinking Zemo is in Black Panther 2? I'm trying not to follow casting news on these films to keep some surprise, but it feels to me like that's where it's going. Which could be interesting since they also seemed to set up the possibility of Namor.