Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Definitely agreed! It's what makes his "moments" in Endgame SO good. They're earned and they feel right because of the character development we see in his trilogy. 

I remember Endgame in the cinema. Never seen a reaction like it before, hundreds of us literally cheering at the end battle. 

It's why DC are lacking I think. As much as I enjoyed JL, the big moments weren't earned.

I got in trouble with Mrs Q when we went to the cinema for Infinity War as apparently the noise I made when Thor appeared with Groot and Rocket for the Battle of Wakanda was not appropriate for a family audience 😄

Have to give Mrs Q credit for this one as I missed it, but the callback to Black Widow referring to Cap as a fossil at the Smithsonian by having his shield there at the start of F&WS was a nice touch.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

100%. I've never been one to cheer in a cinema, but that was the moment.

Me and a couple of old school mates (that's literally mates from school btw, not old-skool) play a bit of Halo every couple of weeks. Mainly just dicking about in firefight mode so we can shoot grunts with rocket launchers. Every time a manage to get hold of a grav hammer I spend the rest of the game jet packing around screaming "BRING ME THANOS!".

Never gets boring.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Hammer moment in Endgame is the best moment in the entire MCU.

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

100%. I've never been one to cheer in a cinema, but that was the moment.

Yep I don’t think I’ll ever have a cinema experience that joyous again. I know you can pick apart Endgame and it’s faults a plenty but they more than made up for them with the end battle/entire final hour and that one particular perfectly executed comic book moment. Think I may have shed actual tears.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep I don’t think I’ll ever have a cinema experience that joyous again. I know you can pick apart Endgame and it’s faults a plenty but they more than made up for them with the end battle/entire final hour and that one particular perfectly executed comic book moment. Think I may have shed actual tears.

Endgame had to be pure fan service after Infinity War - and it more than delivered. Who wasn’t cheering that final battle?

Top 3 MCU moments?

1) Cap and the hammer

2) “YESSS! He’s a friend from work”

3) “I’m Mary Poppins y’all”

Honourable mention to Stark’s “His first name is Agent”.

Another good’un. Definitely preferring this to Wandavision so far. Can’t wait to see U.S. Agent get the shit kicked out of him. It’s funny how he’s quite a good looking guy but the moment you stick the helmet on him he looks so damn punchable and ridiculous.

Edited by FloorFiller

Great episode of FAWS, really creating a good dynamic between the two leads and another top notch action set piece at its core. I like where this is going.

FYI I watched ‘Assembled’ the making of WandaVision. Fascinating looking behind the scenes. Very much a PR piece of course so don’t expect any critique. Very much show makers saying how good it was to make the show, but great viewing nonetheless.

I liked the episode and am really curious about the villain but not really getting on with the two leads. In a lot of ways its a flip of WV in that way as Wanda and Vis are two of my favourites. Actions great though and excited for what's set up next week.

The more suprising thing for me is how they got Harry Kane to play Captain America and managed to keep his mouth shut for 45 minutes, must be some heavy CGI going on there.

I know this is a Marvel thread but I really don't care about keeping them apart, the new DC The Suicide Squad trailer just dropped and it looks alright! Great cast and Gunn's already shown he can handle a team of anti-heroes in a fun tone (given an R-Rating this time as well which should be fun). Its kind of a shame that as good, as some of them are, the cast is kinda the same as the last one as it keeps making me think of it and it was really, really bad.

15 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I know this is a Marvel thread but I really don't care about keeping them apart, the new DC The Suicide Squad trailer just dropped and it looks alright! Great cast and Gunn's already shown he can handle a team of anti-heroes in a fun tone (given an R-Rating this time as well which should be fun). Its kind of a shame that as good, as some of them are, the cast is kinda the same as the last one as it keeps making me think of it and it was really, really bad.

It can't be worse than the last one.

The CGI shark man looks pretty shite.

I have faith that James Gunn will deliver, and it definitely can’t be worse than the last one, but the trailer isn’t really selling it for me. Can’t say I’m ever expecting much from any DC film after their track record, mind, so maybe it’ll be a pleasant surprise.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:12 PM, a6l6e6x said:

Enjoyed falcon but I don't really see why the bad guys motivations are actually bad. I'm kind of on their side... 

That's the point they were running from Power Broker who will be geniuenly bad, and will probably give Walker super soldier serum with disastrous consequences. Meanwhile Zemo will Zemo.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:12 PM, a6l6e6x said:

Enjoyed falcon but I don't really see why the bad guys motivations are actually bad. I'm kind of on their side... 

True, the bad guys are punching the Smug Cap in his stupid mouth whilst True Cap's Boys have plenty of opportunities to smack him but haven't. 

Whoever kills or beats up Smug Cap is a hero in my book!

37 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I think Buckys character isn't very good in this series and he's ruining it a bit for me, seems badly written. The action in this ep was awesome but the story isn't really gripping me. Wandavision was better

Agree WandaVision had me truly invested from the start, but three episodes in with Falcon and it just feels meh. The action is great but the story hasn’t got me gripped