Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

6 hours ago, sisco said:

I thought it was phenomenal and heartbreaking at times.  Wanda has no idea White Vision has all his memories so that leaves that open for another time and yeah, clearly going into the Multiverse to get her Children back.

Rambo off to see Fury I’m presuming feeds into Captain Marvel 2.

Get the points about Pietro but was clearly just a point of messing with her head but a very meh ending for him.

Fully agree on Katherine Hahn, she was brilliant and can’t wait for her to come back and cause mayhem. 

I took it as she was off to see Talos?

Enjoyed that finale. Wanda is clearly going to be unbelievably powerful when we next see her which should be interesting

Also huge fan of Monica and looking forward to seeing what she can do (she's also smokin')

Not long to wait for Falcon and the Winter soldier. As much as I don't like to praise evil corporations like Disney I am loving this output and Disney Plus is growing to be a really impressive platform. Netflix for me hasn't put anything decent out for a while and their film selection is really quite poor

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

Enjoyed that finale. Wanda is clearly going to be unbelievably powerful when we next see her which should be interesting

Also huge fan of Monica and looking forward to seeing what she can do (she's also smokin')

Not long to wait for Falcon and the Winter soldier. As much as I don't like to praise evil corporations like Disney I am loving this output and Disney Plus is growing to be a really impressive platform. Netflix for me hasn't put anything decent out for a while and their film selection is really quite poor

Not so much aimed at you but I do find it funny people talk about how evil Disney are as if they were DuPoint or Monsanto because they ruined Star Wars or whatever.

I see Ship of Theseus is trending now but if they really wanted it to be a sitcom homage show they should have used Trigger’s Broom from Only Fools & Horses.

2 hours ago, jump said:

Not so much aimed at you but I do find it funny people talk about how evil Disney are as if they were DuPoint or Monsanto because they ruined Star Wars or whatever.

I see Ship of Theseus is trending now but if they really wanted it to be a sitcom homage show they should have used Trigger’s Broom from Only Fools & Horses.

I hadn't even thought about star wars as I'm not a massive fan of it anyway. I just call them evil for their history of subliminal messages, some older films being pretty racist, the fact they just buy any competition, they messed around pixar a lot and that they'll sue anyone who utters the words mickey mouse. Also Walt disney was dodgy character and disney still don't really acknowledge that

11 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I hadn't even thought about star wars as I'm not a massive fan of it anyway. I just call them evil for their history of subliminal messages, some older films being pretty racist, the fact they just buy any competition, they messed around pixar a lot and that they'll sue anyone who utters the words mickey mouse. Also Walt disney was dodgy character and disney still don't really acknowledge that

I view stuff like buying Fox and Marvel as more then adding to their brand than buying the competition as they didn't really have anything in those areas. The stuff about them knowing and protecting John Lasseter is far more worrying than alot of their ancient mild wrongs in my opinion.

Watched the finale and thought it was cracking. Some real game changing moments and it’s really taken some characters who were largely peripheral and thrust them right and centre.  Like others i stayed away from theories/predictions during the show’s run went and glad i did as i think some i would have been disappointed some did not come (The Reed Richards one in particular).

Really got me looking forwards to the rest of the marvel shows know and inspired me to start watching all the films over again (watched Iron Man 2 last night so some way to go),

23 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Watched the finale and thought it was cracking. Some real game changing moments and it’s really taken some characters who were largely peripheral and thrust them right and centre.  Like others i stayed away from theories/predictions during the show’s run went and glad i did as i think some i would have been disappointed some did not come (The Reed Richards one in particular).

Really got me looking forwards to the rest of the marvel shows know and inspired me to start watching all the films over again (watched Iron Man 2 last night so some way to go),

Just finished with Spider-Man D far from home.  Understand it all so much more now.  Think I wasn’t paying attention the first time around and watched them in timeline order which was so much better

56 minutes ago, sisco said:

Just finished with Spider-Man D far from home.  Understand it all so much more now.  Think I wasn’t paying attention the first time around and watched them in timeline order which was so much better

That’s the plan. I’m sure i zoned out on a few too and for captain marvel i was drunk (excited you could have wine at the cinema). Iron man 2 wasn’t as bad as i remember and nice to remember how black widow came into play. 

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

'Outing' doing a lot of work there

Part of the success of Wandavision though has been doing things that would only work as a TV show. I suspect Scarlet Witch has been better served by this than Black Widow by her much delayed film.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I agree it was a success as a TV show and that that's a different thing to a movie - but I'd more interested in the Scarlet Witch movie than a lot of the Phase 4 slate. 

That's fair enough but I'd be even more interested in a new series for Wanda than a film.

The WandaVision director has been talking to Kevin Smith about how much Covid changed the finale. They had originally written in a Dr. Strange cameo, and Monica had a bigger part. Apparently, there was a scene in which Monica, Pietro and the kids steal the 'darkhold', only for the rabbit to change into a demon (Mephisto?). They couldn't finish the filming or visual effects in time due to Covid.

22 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

The WandaVision director has been talking to Kevin Smith about how much Covid changed the finale. They had originally written in a Dr. Strange cameo, and Monica had a bigger part. Apparently, there was a scene in which Monica, Pietro and the kids steal the 'darkhold', only for the rabbit to change into a demon (Mephisto?). They couldn't finish the filming or visual effects in time due to Covid.

Yeah I saw that. A shame, as the finale really needed something more than just two simultaneous laser fights in the sky that both ended pretty uneventfully, and it really did feel like there should’ve been more there after the episodes that built up to it. 

Ah well! On to Bird & Boy next week which hopefully won’t have any of the same problems.