Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hope they don’t make another series. It’s perfect as a standalone story.

Hard to see how they could possibly do another one as it’s such a singular plot line. 

Also, I’m not sure how much longer, if at all, Vision will be sticking around now. Seems like this might be his end, unless white Vision is somehow gonna replace/be turned in to old Vision.

Apparently the final episode is just 50 minutes with credits so looks like we’re in for a jam packed episode considering all the stuff they need to wrap up. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hard to see how they could possibly do another one as it’s such a singular plot line. 

Also, I’m not sure how much longer, if at all, Vision will be sticking around now. Seems like this might be his end, unless white Vision is somehow gonna replace/be turned in to old Vision.

Apparently the final episode is just 50 minutes with credits so looks like we’re in for a jam packed episode considering all the stuff they need to wrap up. 

49 minutes of talking then Wolverine runs in and stabs everyone.

7 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Best episode yet this one. Would love to see Strange turn up in the finale. Will Wandas kids continue as characters/be real once all this is resolved? Could they end up at Xmen school?

Given they are introducing Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series, America Chavez in Dr Strange and Ms Marvel and Ironheart are getting their own series that they are working towards Young Avengers.

DIG005658_1._SX270_QL80_TTD_.jpg

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Given they are introducing Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series, America Chavez in Dr Strange and Ms Marvel and Ironheart are getting their own series that they are working towards Young Avengers.

DIG005658_1._SX270_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Cool, I don't really know much about Marvel besides the films so everything is a new story to me

14 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Cool, I don't really know much about Marvel besides the films so everything is a new story to me

I haven't read a huge amount of actual comic stuff but I really enjoyed Kieron Gillen's run on Young Avengers and Billy/Wiccan is central to that story. I don't think it'll make it on to screen as it doesn't seem a good fit but who knows.

7 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I haven't read a huge amount of actual comic stuff but I really enjoyed Kieron Gillen's run on Young Avengers and Billy/Wiccan is central to that story. I don't think it'll make it on to screen as it doesn't seem a good fit but who knows.

Will have a quick read up on it

I do quite like going into this stuff semi blind though. I remember seeing infinity war and at the captain marvel reveal at the end I had no idea what it was until some random 10 year old kid explained it to half of the cinema. Think it made his day having a bunch of adults listen to him intently

The comic readers are missing a trick not making more stuff up to be honest, I've never touched one and believe everything they say.

"Yeah it could all go the way of hungry hungry wandapillar where she simply eats Agatha and turns into a butterfly made of 2002 world cup replica footballs"

"Wow the comics are Cray hope we get to see that"

Hang on, didn't Hayward show footage to SWORD/Dennings etc where Wanda broke in to a secure facility to steal Vision's body? So either he has completely manufactured that or Wanda showed Agnes a fake memory as to how Westview came to be. Hope it's a loose end that's tied up, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of them to tie up.
Edited by kingbadger

15 minutes ago, kingbadger said:
  Hide contents
Hang on, didn't Hayward show footage to SWORD/Dennings etc where Wanda broke in to a secure facility to steal Vision's body? So either he has completely manufactured that or Wanda showed Agnes a fake memory as to how Westview came to be. Hope it's a loose end that's tied up, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of them to tie up.

Looked to me that Hayward faked the footage.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looked to me that Hayward faked the footage.

Realised that he only shows Wanda breaking into the facility and then landing by Vision's body, as we see in the latest episode and flashbacks. So she didn't steal it, but that's the story he's sold to everyone else in SWORD

Strange probably shows up in the finale and itll be interesting if the Arcanna Jones theory does come into play. 4 wizards fighting would be something. This was just the best vehicle to get everyone back into the swing of things with the MCU and show em what theyll miss if they pass off a show as “too weird” and whatnot.  Theyve done really well in that area and should get more credit. 

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Strange probably shows up in the finale and itll be interesting if the Arcanna Jones theory does come into play. 4 wizards fighting would be something. This was just the best vehicle to get everyone back into the swing of things with the MCU and show em what theyll miss if they pass off a show as “too weird” and whatnot.  Theyve done really well in that area and should get more credit. 

Yeah this really feels like a watershed moment, similar to the reception the first Guardians film had, in showing there is a huge audience for the weirder and more cosmic side of the MCU. 

This is what I don't understand about Scorcese, Coppolla etc who simply say superhero movies are just the same film, over and over. There was a time when the likes of Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World were getting knocked out and it felt a bit like that. Since then every film as felt like its own genre film for the most part, with the likes of Guardians as a space opera, Winter Soldier as a spy film, Ant Man/Thor: Ragnarok almost being full on comedies. Something like the MCU has never been done before, it was ridiculously bold and ambitious, and the fact it not only worked but has gone on to become something that's captured the imagination like it is almost seems like it has pissed them off. Who could look at something like WandaVision and think, 'nah, not creative, they're all the same'. 

11 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Yeah this really feels like a watershed moment, similar to the reception the first Guardians film had, in showing there is a huge audience for the weirder and more cosmic side of the MCU. 

This is what I don't understand about Scorcese, Coppolla etc who simply say superhero movies are just the same film, over and over. There was a time when the likes of Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World were getting knocked out and it felt a bit like that. Since then every film as felt like its own genre film for the most part, with the likes of Guardians as a space opera, Winter Soldier as a spy film, Ant Man/Thor: Ragnarok almost being full on comedies. Something like the MCU has never been done before, it was ridiculously bold and ambitious, and the fact it not only worked but has gone on to become something that's captured the imagination like it is almost seems like it has pissed them off. Who could look at something like WandaVision and think, 'nah, not creative, they're all the same'. 

Completely agree.

It's just exhausting isn't it. Coppolla called MCU movies "despicable", ironic considering he hasn't made anything other than complete turds for the last 15+ years. 

13 hours ago, Zacko said:

Completely agree.

It's just exhausting isn't it. Coppolla called MCU movies "despicable", ironic considering he hasn't made anything other than complete turds for the last 15+ years. 

Had to look this up, he really hasn't done anything good in a very long time. Talk about peaking early

18 hours ago, Zacko said:

Completely agree.

Scorcese is the one who gets me, especially as someone who has basically made a career out of producing gritty crime/gangster films. Granted he has branched out, but the exact criticisms he has of the MCU could equally be levelled at his own body of work. Saying either the MCU or Scorcese films are repetitive bodies of work is frankly ridiculous, but people like him are never going to see it that way. 

Edited by kingbadger

46 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Scorcese is the one who gets me, especially as someone who has basically made a career out of producing gritty crime/gangster films. Granted he has branched out, but the exact criticisms he has of the MCU could equally be levelled at his own body of work. Saying either the MCU or Scorcese films are repetitive bodies of work is frankly ridiculous, but people like him are never going to see it that way. 

To be fair to Scorsese, his issue with superhero films wasn't that they were all the same or that they weren't creative. He said he doesn't enjoy superhero films and finds them to be "theme parks" rather than the more emotionally, thematically deep films that he grew up with. Which I think is a fair opinion to have, I don't think many of the Marvel films are particularly deep. They can still be fun as hell though.

But the main point he was making in the interview that went viral and the article he wrote wasn't even really aimed directly at Marvel, it was more that because the movie industry's now only focusing on 200 million dollar big budget blockbuster franchises, we're losing the mid-level films that usually take risks and try something new.

6 minutes ago, MikeClarke94 said:

To be fair to Scorsese, his issue with superhero films wasn't that they were all the same or that they weren't creative. He said he doesn't enjoy superhero films and finds them to be "theme parks" rather than the more emotionally, thematically deep films that he grew up with. Which I think is a fair opinion to have, I don't think many of the Marvel films are particularly deep. They can still be fun as hell though.

But the main point he was making in the interview that went viral and the article he wrote wasn't even really aimed directly at Marvel, it was more that because the movie industry's now only focusing on 200 million dollar big budget blockbuster franchises, we're losing the mid-level films that usually take risks and try something new.

Not every film has to be Oscar worthy high drama.

Sometimes I just want a couple of hours of super people punching each other in the face.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not every film has to be Oscar worthy high drama.

Sometimes I just want a couple of hours of super people punching each other in the face.

That's totally fine! But for people like Scorsese and the rest, because of the way Hollywood is only focusing on people punching each other in the face, there are less and less ways for them to make anything else. 

1 hour ago, MikeClarke94 said:

That's totally fine! But for people like Scorsese and the rest, because of the way Hollywood is only focusing on people punching each other in the face, there are less and less ways for them to make anything else. 

I disagree. Blockbuster cinema has always existed and had never stopped great films being made in the past.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I disagree. Blockbuster cinema has always existed and had never stopped great films being made in the past.

True in the past that's been the case. But this is just what people like Scorsese and even the Russo brothers have been saying. They say, in their experience in the industry, it's getting harder for them to make smaller character driven films because the major companies aren't interested in taking the risk. 

1 hour ago, MikeClarke94 said:

I dunno, just think that market has changed somewhat, and that's probably why The Irishman ended up on Netflix. When punters are having to fork out £14 or what have you per movie, it's not surprising they'll only do so for 'big event' films. 

There's still plenty of room for what Scorcese would deem as 'proper cinema' and if anything the emergence of streaming platforms will mean pretty much anything will get the green light from someone these days. But I think the days of folk paying out big money for a slow burn drama are probably past us.

I think as much as anything the abundance of very high quality TV dramas etc have had more of an effect on the classical cinema that Scorcese refers to than big, blockbuster films which have always been there in one guise or another.

5 hours ago, MikeClarke94 said:

Scorsese, God bless him and his incredible previous films, made me sit through 4 hours of film that didn't need to be there recently so dunno what he's on about