Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

5 hours ago, jump said:

It's different companies though, Spider-Man is still Sony and the rest of Marvel is Disney. Although Sony has a Venom movie out before Spidey so it is odd there's nothing for that first.

I'd like to see the trailer for Shang-Chi as I'm curious if they doing standard Hollywood action or if it's a proper kung fu movie.

I can't wait for Shang Chi - I loved the comic when I was a kid! Really interested to see how they approach it. 

The Eternals is meant to be done - saw an article saying it had "blown away" Marvel execs at a screening.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Breakdown of everything coming over the next couple of years... there’s a shitload!

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/marvel-movies-release-date-schedule-calendar-timeline/

Dare I even suggest too much?

I keep on forgetting that the Black Widow movie exists, I kind of wish Marvel did too to be honest!

16 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I can't wait for Shang Chi - I loved the comic when I was a kid! Really interested to see how they approach it. 

The Eternals is meant to be done - saw an article saying it had "blown away" Marvel execs at a screening.

Yeah Shang-Chi seems like it can really stand out by having a different feel to the other Marvel stuff, Marvel does suffer at times from being too samey looking so something like this with practical kung fu will help Marvel feel fresh. Plus Kung Fu movies could do with a comeback.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Breakdown of everything coming over the next couple of years... there’s a shitload!

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/marvel-movies-release-date-schedule-calendar-timeline/

It's missing stuff like The Guardian of The Galaxy Xmas Special and I Am Groot shorts, plus I wouldn't include Sony's Spiderman stuff myself. 

21 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah Shang-Chi seems like it can really stand out by having a different feel to the other Marvel stuff, Marvel does suffer at times from being too samey looking so something like this with practical kung fu will help Marvel feel fresh. Plus Kung Fu movies could do with a comeback.

It's missing stuff like The Guardian of The Galaxy Xmas Special and I Am Groot shorts, plus I wouldn't include Sony's Spiderman stuff myself. 

It seems to be getting increasingly grey around what is and isn't part of the MCU with Sony. Apparently Morbius is, but Venom isn't.

I suppose with multiverses they can do whatever they want in terms of canon.

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Haven't looked at DoG for years. Used to love it but the website became unusable with the ads and the quality of the articles went down the toilet. Is it better now?

I read it quite a bit, don't find the ads too annoying but the quality of writing has definitely declined.

It's like trying to find a decent site that writes about games after Kotaku UK recently closed down... I still miss 1up.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

No mention of Squirrel Girl and the New Warriors. 🙁 I know a pilot was made and was hoping that show would be making an appearance at some point. 

Squirrel Girl is obviously too powerful for the MCU and would unbalance things too much. 

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I read it quite a bit, don't find the ads too annoying but the quality of writing has definitely declined.

It's like trying to find a decent site that writes about games after Kotaku UK recently closed down... I still miss 1up.

Eurogamer is my go to for video games. It's British/Euro centric which shouldn't matter as games are games but I get fed up of with alot of the American sites for some reason.

@squirrelarmy

It was meant to be going on Hulu but when Fergie took over all of Marvel media he couldn't be arsed with it and wants the TV shows to be connected to the movies unlike stuff like Runaways which you weren't sure if they are connected or not.

Edited by jump

2 hours ago, jump said:

Did you ever see the test footage? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Haven't looked at DoG for years. Used to love it but the website became unusable with the ads and the quality of the articles went down the toilet. Is it better now?

It definitely went downhill when it was bought out. The WandaVision content is pretty good though.

filmstories.co.uk is ran by DoG’s founder (I think) and is worth a read.

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Mrs Moth is coming home tonight after being away on tour for almost 2 weeks.

She’d better be quiet coming in if I’m watching WV.

I have to spend the day dodging social media and this thread! I don't watch it until about 10pm.

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

So much stuff but being honest it's very likely I'll watch it all, probably skip on venom

Just rewatched Guardians 2, obviously Adam Warlock teased at the end. With Guardians 3 so far off do you reckon we'll be waiting that long for his appearance? Or could he turn up for a bit in Thor Love and Thunder

Certainly seems like it’s just gonna be Agatha who’s the main villain rather than there being anybody else behind the scenes*

Was hoping we’d get a little more plot progression in this one instead of all flashbacks as there wasn’t really much that hadn’t already been theorised about, but having said that...

*That mid-credits scene! The fuck is that - an evil Vision?! And although he’s obviously been a moustache twirling villain the entire time, Hayward finally showing his true plan.

Next week has surely gotta be an extended episode if they’re hoping to wrap things up in some way, although probably not all wrapped up with a little bow and more as a kicking off point for Doctor Strange 2.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Next week has surely gotta be an extended episode if they’re hoping to wrap things up in some way, although probably not all wrapped up with a little bow and more as a kicking off point for Doctor Strange 2.

I saw this week was 47 minutes and got excited but forgot about those damn credits. Its worse now with the mid credit sequences that add nothing to the episode (last weeks was hype for something we won't even see for another week!). 

Jimmy already laid out Heyward's plan a couple of weeks ago, we just found out about him using the drone to get her power. I don't think it'll be an evil vision just an emotionless controllable one (for now). Bring back Ultron!

And with one throwaway line or two, all the multiverse speculation goes out the window with fake Pietro being just an injoke (apparently).

Not as big a red herring as the fake multiverse origin of Mysterio in far from home though.

Edited by John the Moth
Edit: not a criticism. Still best thing on tv :)

Pietro not being from the multiverse is kinda lame imo. I mean, I’m sure Marvel have got an endgame (heh) with this and it’ll make sense why they didn’t go that way, but considering we’re on the verge of the actual multiverse coming in to the MCU, this seemed like a great opportunity to have the first revelation of it existing after FFH tickled us with the possibility. 

But as I say, I’m sure there’s a good reason why that isn’t the case here.

Also nice to finally know that Malcolm in the Middle is cannon in the MCU. Been waiting on that one.