Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

Feel like this needs its own thread so that people who aren’t up to date don’t accidentally get it spoiled for them in the TV thread and so people can talk about the latest episodes of WandaVision/all the other Marvel stuff we’re getting this year openly as soon as they’ve seen it, and I’m incredibly impatient and eager so I’ve been watching them as soon as they’re available at 8am each Friday. 

Not Glastonbury related at all, but with a lack of any Glastonbury news for the foreseeable, suppose something to take our mind off that should be okay to go here.

SO...

Episode 7.

Few big reveals here but also one not-so-much reveal that I’m sure will disappoint and/or deflate a few people.

Agnis being Agatha Harkness seems to be something that was rumoured/known for a while, but glad we finally got the reveal. Love Kathryn Hahn so nice to see her in such an over the top villain role.

The Quicksilver thing is as confusing as ever. Agatha was controlling him all along, but still, who is he? Multiverse Quicksilver that she’s pulled from his own universe to fuck with Wanda? An illusion she’s created? Quicksilver’s body reanimated? Something else?

And the engineer who has been teased for a few episodes now turns out to be... just some woman? Not sure if this is a mislead on their part and she’s actually somebody else (like a Skrull) or it actually is just a nobody that people got needlessly hyped over.

Edit: some people on Reddit seem to think that that wasn’t the engineer and was just somebody delivering the vehicle, so I guess that makes more sense but we shall see.

Also, in case anybody turned off early, there’s a mid-credits scene.

Sorry for the lengthy post. A lot to unwrap in this episode as is often the case.

Edited by FloorFiller

In a way this is the problem with the internet dissecting every piece of information before a show even comes  out - there are very few genuine surprises anymore.

Enjoyed it though, I assume that Agatha will be working for or some sort of servant of Mephisto and he’s the real big bad behind it all.

Vision’s pieces to camera were brilliant.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

In a way this is the problem with the internet dissecting every piece of information before a show even comes  out - there are very few genuine surprises anymore.

Enjoyed it though, I assume that Agatha will be working for or some sort of servant of Mephisto and he’s the real big bad behind it all.

Vision’s pieces to camera were brilliant.

Yeah I think that’s why Quicksilver turning up (and it being Evan Peters) was such a genuine shock and wtf moment. Who saw that coming?!

Yeah Agatha being the big bad would be a little underwhelming so I’m guessing there’s more to it. Mephisto or Nightmare seem like the popular theories, although maybe they’ll hold off on them properly appearing until Multiverse of Madness.

Also forgot to mention, Monica seemingly has some kind of powers now? Wonder if that’s exclusive to her being in the hex or if she gained them through returning from the snap or if there’s something else to it.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I think that’s why Quicksilver turning up (and it being Evan Peters) was such a genuine shock and wtf moment. Who saw that coming?!

Yeah Agatha being the big bad would be a little underwhelming so I’m guessing there’s more to it. Mephisto or Nightmare seem like the popular theories, although maybe they’ll hold off on them properly appearing until Multiverse of Madness.

Also forgot to mention, Monica seemingly has some kind of powers now? Wonder if that’s exclusive to her being in the hex or if she gained them through returning from the snap or if there’s something else to it.

Probably more likely that Mephisto or Nightmare are revealed as the ones pulling the strings but never actually seen. Fully expect Dr Strange to turn up at the very end to investigate magic being used and it being the jumping point into Multiverse of Madness.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wasn’t Monica Miss Marvel in the comics? This is her origin story playing out, transformed by the powers of the mindstone (albeit 2nd hand as that’s where Wanda’s powers originated) as she passes through the barrier and gets rewritten over and over.

22 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Wasn’t Monica Miss Marvel in the comics? This is her origin story playing out, transformed by the powers of the mindstone (albeit 2nd hand as that’s where Wanda’s powers originated) as she passes through the barrier and gets rewritten over and over.

Wasn’t aware of that although I’m sure there have been hints aplenty that I’ve been missing. Guessing that’s setting her up for a bigger role come Captain Marvel 2 then!

Yeah very little I didn't see coming but that's only coz I can't stay away from those darn rumours. Done very well though, the truck sequence was very dramatic and I'm gonna have that Agnes theme song stuck in my head for a few days. Still lots of big questions to answer (Pietro being my biggest one), they're doing well though. Hope the last episode is a little longer. Looking forward to bringing through it when it's all done.

I liked how the theme tune this week nodded to the US Office and how Agnes’ song was a homage to The Munsters. I saw someone saying the engineer might be Don Cheadle as there’s a War Machine series coming and casual fans might forget who he is? I think it will be a bigger character though.

Are there two more episodes left or just the one?

Also, how good is Elizabeth Olsen? She’s adapted so well to each sitcom setting and then showing the fear/anger/grief.

2 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Nah she's a character called Photon

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I liked how the theme tune this week nodded to the US Office and how Agnes’ song was a homage to The Munsters. I saw someone saying the engineer might be Don Cheadle as there’s a War Machine series coming and casual fans might forget who he is? I think it will be a bigger character though.

Are there two more episodes left or just the one?

Also, how good is Elizabeth Olsen? She’s adapted so well to each sitcom setting and then showing the fear/anger/grief.

I don’t think it’ll be War Machine. Not an aerospace engineer is he? Think it’ll be a new character who’ll then take on a bigger role in a future film or series.

There are two episodes left.

And yeah she’s been fantastic throughout. Think Wanda got kind of a shit deal in the films so far and didn’t get to show off her true potential so I’m glad they’re finally giving her the screen time she deserves and leading up to her becoming an even more important part of the MCU. Imagine she’s gonna be a big factor in Multiverse of Madness.

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Dr Strange seems the obvious one to come back. Few magneto rumours with Ian McKellen 

Also, there's rhe loose thread of the person in witness protection in West view... dottie?

Yeah I’m assuming Dr Strange will turn up in the last episode, either as a large part to sort shit out or just at the end to link it in to the film. 

Magneto would be brilliant considering he’s supposed to be their dad in the comics and it’s not been touched on. 

The witness protection thing is something I haven’t given much thought in to tbh so not a clue who that could end up being. Dottie hasn’t been about since like episode 2 so maybe her reappearance will answer that question, assuming she does turn up again.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I’m assuming Dr Strange will turn up in the last episode, either as a large part to sort shit out or just at the end to link it in to the film. 

Magneto would be brilliant considering he’s supposed to be their dad in the comics and it’s not been touched on. 

The witness protection thing is something I haven’t given much thought in to tbh so not a clue who that could end up being. Dottie hasn’t been about since like episode 2 so maybe her reappearance will answer that question, assuming she does turn up again.

She had a cameo in the last episode ( no speaking though). They made it clear her identity wasn't revealed in episode 4, so must mean... something

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

She had a cameo in the last episode ( no speaking though). They made it clear her identity wasn't revealed in episode 4, so must mean... something

I forgot about that! Yeah, there were rumours early on that she was gonna be a hidden villain, but I’d kind of written that off after she wasn’t in it more frequently. Maybe there’s more to that though as that no identity thing seems pretty damning.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Do we think they'll sack off the TV show pretense now? Maybe have an episode switching it to Agetha's point of view to explore a new genre/trope?

Yeah now that the cat’s out the bag with Agatha I think that’ll be the end of the sitcom thing. Got all the way up to modern day sitcoms anyway so can’t see where else they’d go with it.

I'm loving this show. It's the absolute highlight of my week at the minute. They're cramming so many easter eggs in the thing, and so many possibilities for where it all goes.

Seems incredibly obvious Mephisto will be revealed next week or the finale, which should be very cool. Not sure if he will just appear and be defeated right away, or be a more ever-present threat moving forward though. Seems quite a big villain to just feature for one/two episodes (although they do have form for that)

I'm absolutely convinced the aerospace engineer thing was intentionally a let down in this episode and it's still to be revealed. In the comics, Agatha protects Franklin Richards, so I can't help but think there's going to be a tie in there as well as potentially Reed. She's referenced family that we're yet to see on screen which could be Mephisto, Franklin, both?! Introducing elements of Fantastic Four, Mephisto and potentially Mutants feels like quite a lot to play around with though in the final two episodes, so I'm not sure at all where it's going to go.

Edited by jparx

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I only just found out there was a post credit sequence this episoide, what would you bring that in without warning episode 7 ahah. Has there been any for previous episodes? I gave up checking after episode 2. Shoulda snooped harder 👀

Saw a theory that the post credit scene was an indicator of the show moving away from the weekly sitcom format and going straight in to the traditional Marvel format for the last few episodes. Might be bollocks but I quite like that theory so it’s what I’m gonna go with until proven wrong next week when there’s no post credit scene.

Just to add - I really do hope they follow through with at least one of the potential crossovers here, whether it's the official introduction of mutants, Fantastic Four or generally bringing the multiverse much more in to play. They teased us with Mysterio and I was really disappointed in that film when it was revealed he was just manipulating everything. I'm well up for the theory that the Hex is some kind of cross-dimensional bubble in to the X-Men universe. If it's all just explained as Agatha's magic and we end up with no bigger reveals it could be a bit disappointing considering they already did that with Far From Home.

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm loving this show. It's the absolute highlight of my week at the minute. They're cramming so many easter eggs in the thing, and so many possibilities for where it all goes.

Seems incredibly obvious Mephisto will be revealed next week or the finale, which should be very cool. Not sure if he will just appear and be defeated right away, or be a more ever-present threat moving forward though. Seems quite a big villain to just feature for one/two episodes (although they do have form for that)

I'm absolutely convinced the aerospace engineer thing was intentionally a let down in this episode and it's still to be revealed. In the comics, Agatha protects Franklin Richards, so I can't help but think there's going to be a tie in there as well as potentially Reed. She's referenced family that we're yet to see on screen which could be Mephisto, Franklin, both?! Introducing elements of Fantastic Four, Mephisto and potentially Mutants feels like quite a lot to play around with though in the final two episodes, so I'm not sure at all where it's going to go.

I can see us getting the idea of Mephisto in this but not an actual fight with him, a la Thanos early on. Have him as the big bad in Doctor Strange then maybe.

I hope something they run with a bit in their new phase and with all these shows is the idea of recurring villains, I love in the cartoons or in other shows like doctor who people coming back and the like, I want scorpion to pop up here and there and stuff like that. The ones they've tried it with (crossbones? Is that his name? He's in 2 captain America films I guess) are forgettable. Loki was more of an antagonist. Thanos was only ever briefly cameoing. Would be great for instance to see more Ultron (they keep saying his name so maybe that is coming) and definitely more Justin Hammer (he's gotta show up in Armour Wars surely, its a literal waste of time if he doesn't).