news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I was suggesting it was confusing that people seem so angry about the Royal family but didn't seem that bothered about the energy package which has a more direct impact on people. I would assume that they are angry or at least I hope they would be!

Okay so yeah assume that they are.

20 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

To you maybe. It's all important to some of us.

Which is totally fair but the perception is that it isn't all important. Loads of people are gonna be worrying about how to pay their bills this winter, heat their homes, pay for food etc. I dare say that should be the most pressing issue facing the country right now.

Edited by Ozanne

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Not sure if you’re aware but Starmer’s proposal is also to heavily subsidise the energy companies so..

Also fuck the presently decomposing Queen, the new living King and all the rest. They don’t do anything. Having very expensive holidays, dinners and cutting ribbons is not a job. It doesn’t take much effort. If that were someone you knew who did that as a job, without the titles, for tens of mil a year, plus windfalls from sales from the crown estate like the attached**, then you’d be absolutely fucking perplexed. If I were king, even if it were not possible to fold the institution (Idk), i’d abdicate immediately after recognising the absurd, to borrow @Zoo Music Girl’s word, grotesque, injust position i held.

They are at best brainwashed, stupid, inbred zombies. At worst willfully malevolent in their self preservationism. But even if they are just thick, the Queen had 96 years to figure it out and nothing else to think about, so she really should have.

Pretty much the only thing I look towards the french to as an example, is their solution to the enduring problem of the monarchy.

**turns out the Queen in typically ridiculous fashion, owned the seabed, so received a 25% cut from its sale to a windfarm

1B5C7BF5-1F7C-4CB2-A0E4-193B6EE562B3.jpeg

Yes I agree, the Royals don't really do anything at all and proved they were useless when Johnson lied to the Queen to illegally prorogue Parliament and did nothing.

However you seem to be much more angry about the Royals than about people being unable to pay their bills, heat their homes and the energy firms getting a bung from the government. That seems to be a more pressing issue than a rich family.

5 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Not sure if you’re aware but Starmer’s proposal is also to heavily subsidise the energy companies so..

Also fuck the presently decomposing Queen, the new living King and all the rest. They don’t do anything. Having very expensive holidays, dinners and cutting ribbons is not a job. It doesn’t take much effort. If that were someone you knew who did that as a job, without the titles, for tens of mil a year, plus windfalls from sales from the crown estate like the attached**, then you’d be absolutely fucking perplexed. If I were king, even if it were not possible to fold the institution (Idk), i’d abdicate immediately after recognising the absurd, to borrow @Zoo Music Girl’s word, grotesque, injust position i held.

They are at best brainwashed, stupid, inbred zombies. At worst willfully malevolent in their self preservationism. But even if they are just thick, the Queen had 96 years to figure it out and nothing else to think about, so she really should have.

Pretty much the only thing I look towards the french to as an example, is their solution to the enduring problem of the monarchy.

**turns out the Queen in typically ridiculous fashion, owned the seabed, so received a 25% cut from its sale to a windfarm

1B5C7BF5-1F7C-4CB2-A0E4-193B6EE562B3.jpeg

For all the talk about an easy job it's not one I would want to do. I like my privacy and the ability to go where I want when I want. Having to watch one of those jubilee concerts would push me over the edge.

Its like another of our institutions the BBC. Some people think the idea of being forced to pay £159 a year for state owned tv channels ridiculous in 2022 whilst others will defend it as an essential part of our culture.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Its like another of our institutions the BBC. Some people think the idea of being forced to pay £159 a year for state owned tv channels ridiculous in 2022 whilst others will defend it as an essential part of our culture.

The license fee is opt in.

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Yes I agree, the Royals don't really do anything at all and proved they were useless when Johnson lied to the Queen to illegally prorogue Parliament and did nothing.

However you seem to be much more angry about the Royals than about people being unable to pay their bills, heat their homes and the energy firms getting a bung from the government. That seems to be a more pressing issue than a rich family.

Its not that confusing. But I can simplify it for you if you like?

People often express their opinions on one issue without expressing their opinion on another unrelated issue and ranking them in importance. It happens quite often. In fact it happens almost all the time. In fact most people would probably find it confusing if people had to express and rank all of their opinions at the same time everytime they wanted to express one opinion.

5 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Its not that confusing. But I can simplify it for you if you like?

People often express their opinions on one issue without expressing their opinion on another unrelated issue and ranking them in importance. It happens quite often. In fact it happens almost all the time. In fact most people would probably find it confusing if people had to express and rank all of their opinions at the same time everytime they wanted to express one opinion.

I never asked for people to rank their opinions, I'm not sure why you've mentioned it. All I said was that some people seemed more angry at the Royals than the cost of living package, I never asked or mentioned what you said.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I never asked for people to rank their opinions, I'm not sure why you've mentioned it. All I said was that some people seemed more angry at the Royals than the cost of living package, I never asked or mentioned what you said.

How do you know what people are angry about? Not everybody feels the need to fart out every waking thought they have on these forums

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

How do you know what people are angry about? Not everybody feels the need to fart out every waking thought they have on these forums

I said it seems like people are more angry about the Royals, because that's how it seems to me after a few days activity in this thread. The cost of living crises is a much more important issue than the Queen passing (even though that is sad) and I'd have thought people would be more angry about the energy bills package as I mentioned. I'm not sure why it's made you so angry at me.