news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I’m at work … Asda have changed social media banners and Asda FM is off … meanwhile so far I’ve managed to avoid all talk of the death … by the end of the 10 days I’m sure to have had a heated discussion as my views don’t conform to the standard view … or do they ? . Wonder where we are as a nation without the need to do what is seen as the right thing …. Hopefully a monarchy debate comes along once the passions die down 

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m at work … Asda have changed social media banners and Asda FM is off … meanwhile so far I’ve managed to avoid all talk of the death … by the end of the 10 days I’m sure to have had a heated discussion as my views don’t conform to the standard view … or do they ? . Wonder where we are as a nation without the need to do what is seen as the right thing …. Hopefully a monarchy debate comes along once the passions die down 

About 55-60% are monarchist, 20-30% are republican, rest undecided.

I reckon a lot are probably don't really care that much, especially amongst younger people, but above is if you had to pick.

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Is it a day off though. That’s the crucial information people want to know. 

Yes, I think that is a bank holiday. Actually I’m not sure guidance just says business owners may consider closing on the day of the funeral. 

Edited by Ozanne

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Charles has said a period of royal mourning from now until seven days after Elizabeth's funeral - date to be confirmed.

Is funeral going to be sooner than we think...or is this thing going to drag on for 17 days?

the artist formally known as prince.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I had plans to go to the pub later to meet some friends. Am I allowed to carry on as normal? Will the pub even be open?

I’m happy I had the day booked off work, the conversations today would be tedious. 

We’re open 🙂