news & politics:discussion

zahidf

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Made a run to the supermarket earlier. Was 23 in car when I set off, 27 by the time I got to the shops and had rocketed above 35 by the time I got back to my car to go home.

Usually I would walk my dog about this time, but that might be a spectacularly shit idea. And this even though there's actually a reasonable looking breeze out my window.

I gave our dog an earlier than normal walk this morning...and usually he has an afternoon one about 2pm but I just took him for very quick one in local park before gets too mad. Already felt too hot. Just keep it short, stick to shade, take water...

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Interesting. I can admit I didn't watch either C4 or ITV debate but I thought Truss was the one that was meant to have done the worst in the two debates. Especially in the first one.

Morduant's chances have definitely been damaged since Thursday though. But I guess we'll see what happens when Tugendhat and (likelier that not) Badenoch miss the cut.

yeah, she did do pretty badly...but so did Mordaunt who was leading in some of the polls going into them...

Is there a vote today and one of them will be out?

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he's an idiot...but he's going to hang around like a bad smell, and try and be our little mini trump.

and properly damage the tory party reputation so the media wont be able to present them in the way they normally have, as a stable alternative to labour's chaos. its all good for the future of politics.

23 minutes ago, Neil said:

and properly damage the tory party reputation so the media wont be able to present them in the way they normally have, as a stable alternative to labour's chaos. its all good for the future of politics.

Yeah, he may hang around and him and his supporters will undermine whoever takes over, especially if it's Sunak.

It does seem like Tom Tugendhat plays well with the constituency that has no say in the Tory party election, given he seems to be performing better with the public at large than with MPs or Tory members.

Not the first time either, given I seem to recall Rory Smith doing better with public than those 2 groups in the 2019 contest.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It does seem like Tom Tugendhat plays well with the constituency that has no say in the Tory party election, given he seems to be performing better with the public at large than with MPs or Tory members.

Not the first time either, given I seem to recall Rory Smith doing better with public than those 2 groups in the 2019 contest.

Rory Stewart!

26 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Just picked up the youngest from theatre school - car park full of lazy parents all sat in their cars with AC running.  Join the dots idiots 😞 

as its the only way i can get around i use a lot of taxis:~ almost all of them are  E V or hybrid which is good to see.