Glasto politics: Non covid news

zahidf

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Hopefully not long...  New Tory and Labour leadership would be welcomed by anyone who isn't committed to either camp to be honest.

if he doesn't get a fpn he strengthens his position 

25 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

All the worst ones - but also in the most powerful positions- are staying loyal.

Rumours also swirling Starmer will get his FPN by the end of the week.

The likes of Priti, Raab, Dorries etc know that if Boris leaves cabinet then so do they.

Listening to the LBC team and they are usually quite balanced - not the main presenters but the background political team...  Well they are very much attacking the government / Boris and saying this needs to end.  Defo mood shift tonight.

Boris will go, and the replacement will be just as bad or worse surely? I get there's a tribal element and people have developed a hatred for Boris over the past couple of years, but it'll still be the Tories and they'll still do what's right for them? 

One guy I have a bit of sympathy for tonight is Ben Wallace.  I have no idea if he would want to resign or not but given we are in a proxy war with Russia he couldn't resign right now even if he wanted too.  Saying that for that very reason is position might safe even under a new leader.

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Boris will go, and the replacement will be just as bad or worse surely? I get there's a tribal element and people have developed a hatred for Boris over the past couple of years, but it'll still be the Tories and they'll still do what's right for them? 

Surely we couldn't have worse than Boris ?    Whatever I think of previous Tory leaders at least they had some level of credibility. 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Surely we couldn't have worse than Boris ?    Whatever I think of previous Tory leaders at least they had some level of credibility. 

Mogg, Patel, Gove and that’s just off the top of my head. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah for me I just personally want to see Boris humiliated at the moment. So much.

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Mogg, Patel, Gove and that’s just off the top of my head. 

Mogg and Patel would never happen.  Gove very outside chance...

I would say Gove would an improvement on Boris...

Edited by Barry Fish