news & politics:discussion

zahidf

16 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Interesting how little Tom T has cut through. I didnt think he would win, but though he may get some buzz like Rory Stewart did. Have heard him come across well on Matt Forde podcast, but seems a wooden campaigner.

Probably Boris's fault that. Apparently he was the first ever Tory PM not to create a cabinet across different parts of the party and he's created more factionalism. I think the left of the party have all their money on Rishi and daren't split the vote. The other side seem more undecided trying to decide who should be excluded from taking him on, either Mordaunt due to the trans stuff or Truss because she voted remain. 

47 minutes ago, lost said:

Probably Boris's fault that. Apparently he was the first ever Tory PM not to create a cabinet across different parts of the party and he's created more factionalism. I think the left of the party have all their money on Rishi and daren't split the vote. The other side seem more undecided trying to decide who should be excluded from taking him on, either Mordaunt due to the trans stuff or Truss because she voted remain. 

Suddenly Sunak is on the left of the party. Christ alive.

So, talk is that Braverman will be out, Tugenhadt may drop out, and then it will just be looking at what the numbers are for the others.  And then where does Braverman's support go...Badenoch or Truss? Truss could still end up in last two, as could Badernoch I guess, but I doubt it...but Sunak would probably fair better against them then against Mordaunt.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Suddenly Sunak is on the left of the party. Christ alive.

Well as pointed out a few weeks ago he's to the left of Gordon Brown when it comes to hand outs when oil is $120 a barrel + Obviously wont be the same for every policy.

58 minutes ago, lost said:

My MP is supporting Rishi. Maybe she isn't as right as I thought as she supported Boris untill things started falling apart. I live on the old Ken Clarke constituency which o would consider is more economically right, but socially liberal.

Your right about the Boris cabinet. I think he purposely left the more capable people out to look better himself. The fact his minions are supporting Truss makes me think she is the candidate Starmer can beat 

...and none of the candidates are complaining about the spending...or the borrowing it seems...they just don't like the tax rises. And if they're going cut taxes, then they're going to have to borrow more...and/or start making cuts...maybe some efficiency savings like getting rid of superfluous support staff and peripheral activities in schools ffs.