news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Badenoch is like a right wing wet dream...black woman who says there is no institutional racism and stokes the culture war for the anti wokes. She is like Braverman or Patel, but with a brain. She is also the only one out of them who is honest enough to say lower taxes means a smaller state.

50 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

black woman who says there is no institutional racism and stokes the culture war for the anti wokes.

If she's come to this country and not seen any evidence of institutional racism what is she supposed to say? Are the labour party starting a culture war defending themselves against the EHRC ruling? Is Starmer allowed to try and make any improvements where he believes the labour party is no longer institutionally racist or are labour dammed to being labelled a racist party forever?

2 hours ago, Neil said:

he wasn't rejected for being shit, there was a conspiracy to stop him?????

Maybe you should watch it and make up your own mind, it's interesting that you have such a dislike for someone who broadly shares your own political view, I don't share Corbyn's politics but posted this because it shows how corrupt the British establishment is, the control by the intelligence services, the lobbying by big business and foreign governments and the way the press is owned and controlled. Corbyn has been in politics all his life, he has a pretty good insight into the system, this should be required viewing for anyone remotely interested in British politics.

11 minutes ago, lost said:

If she's come to this country and not seen any evidence of institutional racism what is she supposed to say? Are the labour party starting a culture war defending themselves against the EHRC ruling? Is Starmer allowed to try and make any improvements where he believes the labour party is no longer institutionally racist or are labour dammed to being labelled a racist party forever?

like I say, a right wing tory wet dream.

7 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Maybe you should watch it and make up your own mind, it's interesting that you have such a dislike for someone who broadly shares your own political view, I don't share Corbyn's politics but posted this because it shows how corrupt the British establishment is, the control by the intelligence services, the lobbying by big business and foreign governments and the way the press is owned and controlled. Corbyn has been in politics all his life, he has a pretty good insight into the system, this should be required viewing for anyone remotely interested in British politics.

yeah, but an hour long corbyn interview...can't it be done in a tweet?

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Corbyn has been in politics all his life, he has a pretty good insight into the system

The trouble is that he’s not likely to be in politics for much longer. 

When the inevitable GE comes his seat will be up for grabs and without the backing of a major party he is likely to be out of that seat.

This video seems to be more of a cry for attention to try and keep himself relevant in politics. 

15 minutes ago, lost said:

If she's come to this country and not seen any evidence of institutional racism what is she supposed to say? 

She was born in Wimbledon, so maybe your point is a bit self defeating.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Copperface said:

She was born in Wimbledon, so maybe your point is a bit self defeating.

Not sure why? I thought she was born in Lagos as she talked about her childhood in Nigeria. I simply asked how you measure when an institution is no longer institutionally racist? What do the labour party have to do? Is there a point where we can declare that it no longer is? are people allowed to believe other institutions have already reached that point?

Edited by lost

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I think out of the main 3 I would  prefer Mordaunt, although I don't know much about her, and maybe that's her main appeal.

I've changed my mind since yesterday, I don't think she'll win anymore. I assumed all the Hunt votes would go to her, but he's come out in support of Sunak - what a snake, after Mordaunt supported Hunt in 2019!

BTW, I'm not a Mordaunt supporter, it's just that I bet on her at 7/1.

So, I think it'll be Sunak & Truss in the final 2. What a fucking choice! It's like choosing between a dogshit sandwich or a dogshit pizza!!!!

3 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I've changed my mind since yesterday, I don't think she'll win anymore. I assumed all the Hunt votes would go to her, but he's come out in support of Sunak - what a snake, after Mordaunt supported Hunt in 2019!

BTW, I'm not a Mordaunt supporter, it's just that I bet on her at 7/1.

So, I think it'll be Sunak & Truss in the final 2. What a fucking choice! It's like choosing between a dogshit sandwich or a dogshit pizza!!!!

Hunt may be backing Sunak...but doesn't mean all his support will go to Sunak. We'll see. If Mordaunt gets to last two I think she wins. If It's Sunak vs Truss...don't know, might be close. Still, it might end up being that nutter Badenoch or that Tom he was in the army you know Tugenhadt.

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Hunt may be backing Sunak...but doesn't mean all his support will go to Sunak. We'll see. If Mordaunt gets to last two I think she wins. If It's Sunak vs Truss...don't know, might be close. Still, it might end up being that nutter Badenoch or that Tom he was in the army you know Tugenhadt.

But according to the experts - a Brexit-loving bloke on a non-league football forum - if Tugenhadt gets in, it will “be a cabinet full of remainers with one objective”. Can imagine that’s a line that will appeal to many of the MPs. He’s far too ‘woke’.

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

My dislike is for the people who didn't recognise him as shit. If he had a good insight into the system he'd have known he was a no hoper. 

Edited by Neil

2 hours ago, gizmoman said:

To be honest all the mainstream media, anti BBC stuff is no different to the rhetoric you hear from the right on GB news.

My view on Corbyn was some (not all) of his policies were fine, but he was a poor messenger to those outside the bubble. I also think his prioritizing of issues such as middle east politics and nuclear weapons didn't fit with the priorities of the electorate. I think a younger, more charismatic person running on a similar (but tweaked) platform without the baggage could succeed.