news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Wont there still need to be a cabinet if Boris leaves though? Is that the thought process? I wonder if someone like Raab will just be an interim pm untill the leadership contest.

There’s plenty of MPs that would go into Cabinet, whether they are any good is another matter altogether. 

I almost feel sorry for him. But at the end of the day he wasn't suited for the job. I know people just want to hear positive stuff sometimes, but his constant bullshit that everything will be great, global britain, world leaders, we're going to level up, we're going to spend more, tax less, borrow less, everything is awesome, you just need to believe. And then there's all the obvious dodginess and lies...the holiday paid by some rich bloke, the wallpaper paid by some rich bloke, the dodgy russian mates, the parties and the denials of parties. He's just a posh, priviledged, bullshitting twat really, a hack, who gets away with it..until now.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

And then there's all the obvious dodginess and lies...the holiday paid by some rich bloke, the wallpaper paid by some rich bloke, the dodgy russian mates

The revelation of him meeting with Russian agents unsupervised won’t have gone unnoticed. Once he has been shown the door there will be some serious investigations coming his way. 

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

He probably was suited to "getting Brexit done" and winning the red wall, but that's about it 

yeah, well he got brexit done by bullshitting, still pretending there is no need for a border between NI and GB or NI and Ireland and which is still an ongoing problem that isn't going away...but yes he did get a deal....which helped win them a big majority (which he really has wasted).

Similarities to Corbyn are uncanny. Both arguing they were elected by the people not the politicians in their respective parties. I'm ok as my political position is in line with the sort of centrism both parties keep getting dragged back towards but I've some sympathy with those that argue we always end up with 3 parties exactly the same. "the blob" appears to simply stop functioning when it gets dragged in a particular direction.

6 minutes ago, lost said:

Similarities to Corbyn are uncanny. Both arguing they were elected by the people not the politicians in their respective parties. I'm ok as my political position is in line with the sort of centrism both parties keep getting dragged back towards but I've some sympathy with those that argue we always end up with 3 parties exactly the same. "the blob" appears to simply stop functioning when it gets dragged in a particular direction.

I guess...except Corbyn then had a leadership election which he won again (and he wasn't PM).

I don't think govt will be heading towards the centre after Johnson...unless you think Cameron's government was to the centre.

Just now, steviewevie said:

.unless you think Cameron's government was to the centre.

Did you read labours deficit reduction plan put forward by Alister Darling? they were virtually identical.

33 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

They keep saying he is clinging on...  That isn't really true...  He is just simply refusing to go - its a form of coup / dictatorship.  The guy needs marching to the gallows. 

hes entitled to stay unless hoc does a no confidence vote(won't happen.).