news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

Unsure about that, thought the opposite. All cheering at Johnson going off on one with a load of rubbish/provable lies culminating in "Vladimir Corbyn". PMQs and the conduct of MPs generally in these 'debates' is a disgrace. 

They tend to be louder when they need to give the illusion of unity and support. 

5 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Unsure about that, thought the opposite. All cheering at Johnson going off on one with a load of rubbish/provable lies culminating in "Vladimir Corbyn". PMQs and the conduct of MPs generally in these 'debates' is a disgrace. 

They sound like they've all been on the piss already - which they probably have! 🤪

That was such a load of bollocks. I absolutely hate this whole "they worked really hard so deserved a party" line. And other sectors didn't? What about the people working really hard who didn't deserve to go to their loved ones' funerals?

Absolute scum. And nothing will happen.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That was such a load of bollocks. I absolutely hate this whole "they worked really hard so deserved a party" line. And other sectors didn't? What about the people working really hard who didn't deserve to go to their loved ones' funerals?

Absolute scum. And nothing will happen.

All those essential workers who did so much in awful conditions (this is nothing in the grand scheme of things but my wife works in a school and had to take a letter on her walk in in case she was stopped by the police). I just hope people finally see through it.

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

All those essential workers who did so much in awful conditions (this is nothing in the grand scheme of things but my wife works in a school and had to take a letter on her walk in in case she was stopped by the police). I just hope people finally see through it.

Yes exactly. Not to mention health workers. Fucking disgraceful.

Just finished watching Starmer's Gray statement and thought he did a good job. Liked the image of him talking about the bar for the PM being set lower than a snake's belly and still he struggles to get over it.

Johnson by contrast keeps going back to this ludicrous notion that he's taken "full responsibility". The mendacity of that really stings. But yeah, he's double downed, there's no change, his team successfully spiked the met/gray investigations, he lives to fuck up another day.

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I tend to avoid twatter so can’t gauge public opinion but is the mood worse than when the parties were first revealed? 

Seems to be the same. TBH i think the polling shows enough about how screwed the Tories are