news & politics:discussion

zahidf

47 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

i hope they've sorted the copyright issues with those photos if they're included in the report.

48 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

On 5/21/2022 at 4:37 PM, squirrelarmy said:

Monkeypox isn’t a new disease. The treatment for smallpox works on it as well. 

It’s also not as transmittable as airborne viruses and the number of cases is quite small so contacts should be easily traceable. 

Mass hysteria sells newspapers and generates online clicks. Don’t think there’s any need to panic about this one. 

Reading profiles of the virus means I'm not necessarily as worried as I was when I first heard about this spread. But maybe in retrospect it's worth pondering if the rush to re-open post covid might lead to something peculiar like this, given this is one of the first major outbreaks of it outside Africa.

21 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Reading profiles of the virus means I'm not necessarily as worried as I was when I first heard about this spread. But maybe in retrospect it's worth pondering if the rush to re-open post covid might lead to something peculiar like this, given this is one of the first major outbreaks of it outside Africa.

Maybe it's just Gaia. 

"The Sue Gray report, when published this week, will - I understand - contain photos of the Downing St photos. The stakes for PM and Cabinet Sec Case very high indeed"

Peston is such a wind up, honestly, what a bore. Is there anyone in the universe other than Peston who really thinks her report will do harm to Johnson?

10 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

"The Sue Gray report, when published this week, will - I understand - contain photos of the Downing St photos. The stakes for PM and Cabinet Sec Case very high indeed"

Peston is such a wind up, honestly, what a bore. Is there anyone in the universe other than Peston who really thinks her report will do harm to Johnson?

I think it will do harm, the whole partygate thing has damaged him, no doubt, maybe not with his own MPs, but with voters.

Edited by steviewevie

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I wish they wouldn't call it progressive alliance...but anyway...

thats only if e everyone votes the same, they won't they'll vote to try and stop that labvour victory.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I think it will do harm, the whole partygate thing has damaged him, no doubt, maybe not with his own MPs, but with voters.

My grump with Peston was that he was implying with his 'high stakes for PM' comment that the Gray report was likely to topple him. But, yeah, he's fucked with the voters, can't see him coming back from this, can't see how 'I'm shit, but I'm as shit as everyone else' is a strategy that helps him at the ballot box.