news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Do you really think they where being peaceful?

Absolutely not and they shouldn't have been there, but there's a level of proportion, especially the punching in the face one (her head hitting the floor could easily have killed her) and the one where the guy is injured so is slow when they're trying to move him, and they just keep battering him on the floor

Its just the world we live in now - people will know their place I guess

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Bristol has a long history of protest you only have a vote because of Bristol.

There will be a certain demographic that will be supporting the police I'm sure....but a lot of people will be on the protesters side. It's all part of the culture war which is exactly what the government wants the focus to be.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There will be a certain demographic that will be supporting the police I'm sure....but a lot of people will be on the protesters side. It's all part of the culture war which is exactly what the government wants the focus to be.

Did you hear what mayor Marvin had to say about the first protest he wasn't condemning.

The protests are against the wrong thing, and I think its in the interests of the government to keep people arguing over vaccine passports and a protest bill that may never be passed. 

They have 12 months of emergency powers (no chance is that being given back in September). They can bypass parliament, they can give money and contracts to anyone they want and make whatever laws they wish if they tie it to the covid effort. They can shut the country down at a moments notice, take away any person's civil rights. By the time it expires fully they will have had 2 years of that power

Will it ever be given back? I think we all know the answer to that

Edited by efcfanwirral