news & politics:discussion

zahidf

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he lost it with Starmer's accusation of what Johnson said about Archbishop and BBC regarding Rwanda/Ukraine...and not sure if it has been confirmed that Johnson did say this stuff or not. Anyway, definitely upset poor old Boris.

apparently he did attack the Archbishop and not the BBC. Everyone loves the BBC these days. Fuck Netflix, Fuck Business, and Fuck The Church.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

he lost it with Starmer's accusation of what Johnson said about Archbishop and BBC regarding Rwanda/Ukraine...and not sure if it has been confirmed that Johnson did say this stuff or not. Anyway, definitely upset poor old Boris.

He needs the BBC and Church on his side to help convince the masses to follow him. 

My personal feeling on religion and not aiming to offend. If you’re able to be brain washed by fairy tales then you’re easy meat for Tory lies. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

He needs the BBC and Church on his side to help convince the masses to follow him. 

My personal feeling on religion and not aiming to offend. If you’re able to be brain washed by fairy tales then you’re easy meat for Tory lies. 

but at same time you can't be christian and a tory, mutually exclusive.

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

But the Tories hate the BBC for being woke, inclusive, diverse and left wing?

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

But the Tories hate the BBC for being woke, inclusive, diverse and left wing?

The Tories claim to stand for the Monarchy but lied to the Queen to prorogue Parliament. The Tories claim to stand for relocation yet berate the Archbishop of Canterbury as soon as he says something they don’t like.

The Tories are massive hypocrites. 

57 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Can't see this Islington Corbybista label sticking. They are politically very different and the Corbynistas hate Starmer.

the islington thing has been used against labour for decades, the fact that corbyn is mp for there helps give it legs.

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Good.

What a shambles this government are, they completely misjudge the country and their now party. 

at same time it was going to be a labour attack on those tory MPs blocking this inquiry...now most tory MPs will either abstain or vote for labour motion.

Edited by steviewevie

So we’re now dependent on seeing which Tories actually have a spine and will allow this amendment to pass. 

They will be foolish to vote against it. As they will always be tarnished with having supported the lying liar who lied in Parliament. 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

So we’re now dependent on seeing which Tories actually have a spine and will allow this amendment to pass. 

They will be foolish to vote against it. As they will always be tarnished with having supported the lying liar who lied in Parliament. 

yeah, I expect most just won't vote.

38 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Been watching a bit of the Starmer show in the commons. He's really good at this stuff, sombre, serious, and showing integrity. He's kind of the opposite to Johnson...which is why I'm not sure if he's any good at making barnstorming speeches in an election campaign, we shall see.

Going to get big Ed Balls back in Parliament to storm the barns.

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Going to get big Ed Balls back in Parliament to storm the barns.

Is Ed Balls considered to be an ace up the sleeve these days? Is that how far its sunk?

Wasn’t he always just a bit of a mumbling gaffe factory the last time?

Nostalgia is a strong drug I guess.

Edited by mattiloy

2 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Is Ed Balls considered to be an ace up the sleeve these days? Is that how far its sunk?

Wasn’t he always just a bit of a mumbling gaffe factory the last time?

Nostalgia is a strong drug I guess.

He's since gone down a storm in the world of light entertainment, check out his triumph on Britain's Best Home Cook, he's the nation's Centrist Dad.

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Been watching a bit of the Starmer show in the commons. He's really good at this stuff, sombre, serious, and showing integrity. He's kind of the opposite to Johnson...which is why I'm not sure if he's any good at making barnstorming speeches in an election campaign, we shall see.

Keir Starmer looks like a Prime Minister in waiting. He got the tone spot on and really seemed like a leader in that speech.