news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Labour should walk it as they didn't bother defending it at the last election. Its my seat and I seem to remember posting in the politics thread at the last election that I put my details into the labour website as a helper and it tried to send me to Sheffield Hallam. The momentum selected candidates got all the resources and the Blairites got nothing. 

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Nah. Nothing can end spaffer. He is indestructible. If things start getting really bad we'll invade france or something.

ive been saying since the start of partygate that it'll be the may locals which do for him.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

ive been saying since the start of partygate that it'll be the may locals which do for him.

maybe we'll see...been quite a bit of expectation management and if tories don't do as bad as expected then they will call it a win. Johnson and co have been doing their best at putting people off, but not sure how well labour have been at attracting voters...there may be a very low turnout.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Labour should walk it as they didn't bother defending it at the last election. Its my seat and I seem to remember posting in the politics thread at the last election that I put my details into the labour website as a helper and it tried to send me to Sheffield Hallam. The momentum selected candidates got all the resources and the Blairites got nothing. 

yeah, but boris is sending those horrid immigrants to africa...that's got to be worth 10 points.

If replicated at a general election, the figures suggest Labour would emerge as the largest party in Parliament, 15 MPs short of an overall majority and probably reliant on a power-sharing deal with the SNP to form a government.

36 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Should we be concerned that some more powerful types may share this opinion? 

Yes.

But in reality Russia and Nato are not directly fighting, and until that happens it is still a war between Russia and Ukraine only, despite assistance Ukraine is getting from western countries. As well as the actual war there is a massive info/propaganda war going on, and this is part of all that.

Still so uncertain how this ends. Looks like Mariupol will fall completely to Russia, whatever is left of it, and then Russia will pretty much have that complete land bridge from Crimea to Russia...and maybe they will want to negotiate after that...but I just can't see how there can be any negotiations after all that has happened. It could just rumble on and on, and Russia will hope that the west will become more and more divided over these sanctions as starts to hurt western economies.

For all the fans of PR I was reading that rise of National Front in France started when Mitterand changed electoral system away from FPTP to a more proportional system in the 80s. At same time now have a globalist, centrist party in power that is hated by those on left and right.

Edited by steviewevie

16 hours ago, charlierc said:

Should we be concerned that some more powerful types may share this opinion? 

its mnot ww3 its tidying up from ww2, like ww2 was tidying up from ww1.