news & politics:discussion

zahidf

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What is labour's response? They don't want to upset any of those lovely red wall voters....must look tough on immigration. Maybe they'll suggest sending them to N Korea or something.

I’ve just seen someone on reddit compare this idea as being similar to sending people to concentration camps. 

Just need the media to take up this angle and they will be U-Turns in no time. 

40 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

do people give a shit about the cost? They just want to see some suffering.

I dare say one of the senior people at Opinium knows a bit about what people want.

He’s saying people will question the cost when they are being given next to no help over rising bills. 

55 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What is labour's response? They don't want to upset any of those lovely red wall voters....must look tough on immigration. Maybe they'll suggest sending them to N Korea or something.

Libya actually. They'd tried it in 2004:

16 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10714249/Nurses-nurses-attack-MP-comparing-PMs-lockdown-breach-quiet-drink-end-shift.html

With a family full of NHS workers and a teacher wife - you can imagine how popular this c**t is right now in my circle...

I would fucking lamp him if I came across him...

Dare you to turn to your wife and say he's probably right though 😉

But yea a c**t

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, those migrant camps in Libya did happen, right? Infact they might still be there, not sure.

I guess difference is a lot of asylum seekers or migrants were crossing the mediterranean from Libya...so it was a deal with Libya to keep them there..in terrible conditions I expect. Difference here is we are sending them to Rwanda to have their asylum processed, and if asylum allowed then well, they can just stay in Rwanda...it's great these days apparently.

This announcement is everything they want to be. A headline grabbing but ultimately unrealistic plan. It’s never going to happen but it will dominate the news cycle at a time when there’s a more damning issue that needs sidelining. 

Unfortunately for them it doesn’t seem to be working, everyone knows it’s a blatant party distraction and hopefully will back fire massively just in time for people to make their votes. 

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I guess difference is a lot of asylum seekers or migrants were crossing the mediterranean from Libya...so it was a deal with Libya to keep them there..in terrible conditions I expect. Difference here is we are sending them to Rwanda to have their asylum processed, and if asylum allowed then well, they can just stay in Rwanda...it's great these days apparently.

You could go gorilla trekking for a few grand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

This announcement is everything they want to be. A headline grabbing but ultimately unrealistic plan

spot on, its the planned diversion from partygate, planned because the deal with rwanda wasn't signed yesterday.

31 minutes ago, Neil said:

from Farage's comments on the rwanda thing, it sounds like rwanda might be a trojan horse to be used to attack the human rights act.

thing is they keep pushing this sort of stuff thinking that it's a vote winner in this country...but there are limits to this...and I think at a basic level a lot of people probably agree with the principle of human rights, even if they are foreign non white humans....

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

thing is they keep pushing this sort of stuff thinking that it's a vote winner in this country...but there are limits to this...and I think at a basic level a lot of people probably agree with the principle of human rights, even if they are foreign non white humans....

i think rwanda is a difficult sell, with the uk sympathetic to refugees at the mo!

Just now, steviewevie said:

Khan has quit so definitely going to be a by-election in Wakefield...got to be a big win for labour.

if it is, might be the end of spaffer.