news & politics:discussion

zahidf

30 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve no idea why Johnson has this effect on people. The mental gymnastics some people go through to defend is staggering. He’s tarnishing the Office of PM and the country. 

you see a lot of people trivialising it, saying all this over some cake, it is equivalent to a parking fine, that we all knew Johnson was a bit of a rascal etc etc...but this doesn't get round the fact that there was loads of this stuff going on in downing st..and that Johnson knowingly lied to parliament and the country. Now the argument being made by ministers is that he is devastated by this and he didn't realise he was breaking the law...that has got to be the biggest load of what the fuck yet.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Chris Mason taking over from Kuenssberg as BBC's political editor...seems like a nice bloke although I'm sure he'll be accused of bias soon enough, although maybe with a bit less vitriol seeing as he's a bloke.

I’ve had him nailed on for ages. Since Pienaar left really. I really like his basic explanation style. 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

you see a lot of people trivialising it, saying all this over some cake, it is equivalent to a parking fine, that we all knew Johnson was a bit of a rascal etc etc...but this doesn't get round the fact that there was loads of this stuff going on in downing st..and that Johnson knowingly lied to parliament and the country. Now the argument being made by ministers is that he is devastated by this and he didn't realise he was breaking the law...that has got to be the biggest load of what the fuck yet.

...and this is just what they were busted doing. Makes you wonder how much other abhorrent shit goes on without anyone ever finding out.

27 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I am an NHS worker. There were no after work gatherings, we just went home. We didn't have Christmas parties the last 2 years. Some had it far worse than me and separated from their families. Even before covid there was no alcohol drinking in work time. This man has no shame.

Apparently 23,638 people voted for Fabricant in Lichfield at the last election! Incredible there are that many c**ts in such a small area!