news & politics:discussion

zahidf

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Roger Gale one of his biggest critics among Tory MPs has said it isn't the right time to get rid of him with the war in Ukraine. It seems the appetite to remove him has gone down and not up.

But it was ok for the Tories to remove Chamberlin in the middle of WW2 which we were actually involved in.  Riiiiight. 

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The only people who can get rid of Boris are Tory MPs, most who put him in place knowing fully well about his (lack of) character. He ain't going anywhere.

I think a lot will depend what happens in the polls and in local elections...Boris Johnson is already pretty unpopular, and if tories start to sink again in polls and do badly in elections next month they could move to kick him out over the summer. The problem is who replaces him, dishi rishi is damaged goods...and Truss is a risk. I guess someone like Zahawi, but probably too soon for him.

I think Johnson is damaged terminally though...I keep changing my mind, but after this I can't see him leading tories into next election.

Edited by steviewevie

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

They'll always be an excuse for Tory MPs not to move against Johnson . They never were going to, it's all just been hot air.

No, I think there was a real chance a month or so ago...lots of MPs calling for him to go, including people like Davis. But, time and events has probably saved Johnson...for now.

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Douglas Ross says "The only person who benefits from getting rid of Boris now, is Vladimir Putin".

I've heard some fucking bullshit coming out of the mouths of Tory MP's over the years, but that might be the biggest load of shite I have ever heard!

Actually the opposite. Putin loses influence over the UK if Spaffer goes. 

5 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Douglas Ross says "The only person who benefits from getting rid of Boris now, is Vladimir Putin".

I've heard some fucking bullshit coming out of the mouths of Tory MP's over the years, but that might be the biggest load of shite I have ever heard!

Agreed. Any potential conservative PM would have pretty much the same policy on Russia, supported by 90 percent of the opposition. There is no instability here.

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

We must all move on though because he said so. Let’s not miss-understand that he’s using the Ukraine war as an excuse to stay in office, he’s a horrible individual. 

I'll move on when he moves on