news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Just me on here...almost as if there was some other news today or something.

Anyway, this looks like a good possible outcome...treat Ukraine like Finland was after WW2....but it needs the fighting to stop and some serious talking to start...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/04/what-would-ukraine-russia-peace-deal-look-like

I'm here as the lineup is a bit irrelevant to me sadly! Busy day at work though. The Ukraine situation is just so bleak I don't even know what to say. Not to mention scary with all the nuclear power station shit. Feel so powerless.

22 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

a sobering thread. I'm sure most will see it as for the greater good though

This is the grim reality we're in, clearly. Though even then, stripped of context, it's a very uncomfortable price rise that is going to be felt hard.

Edited by charlierc

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

This is the grim reality we're in, clearly. Though even then, stripped of context, it's a very uncomfortable price rise that is going to be felt hard.

the government are going to have to help people out with one off benefits payment or something...it will really hit many people this winter.

13 hours ago, steviewevie said:

20220305_223903.jpg

I did see this said elsewhere. I'm not sure I believe it, but setting aside the idea of a dying man starting World War 3 is basically main character syndrome taken to extreme proportions, that's basically the motivation of the bad guy in Tenet ffs.

18 hours ago, steviewevie said:

the government are going to have to help people out with one off benefits payment or something...it will really hit many people this winter.

Doing nothing isn't going to be an option if the gas companies filter down such a whopping price increase on top of the whopping increase they are already trying to force through.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Doing nothing isn't going to be an option if the gas companies filter down such a whopping price increase on top of the whopping increase they are already trying to force through.

Add to that the knock on increase in costs on absolutely everything, especially food, and things could get very very hard.