Glasto politics: Non covid news

zahidf

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sometimes threads go off topic on every area of the forum … things also go back on topic too … I’ve also said similar you are correct .  But the discussion was about a very clear political decision … sometimes you need to concede you won’t like everything that’s posted … but give it time we will be slating the bloody mess this government have created . 

Yes but when it’s a topic that has caused other threads to derail and others don’t like then it’s worth pointing out especially when it’s only 1 or 2 that bring up that topic. As you’ve pointed it out before I’d have thought you’d be keen to keep it on track. 

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Glad to see the thread back on topic. If by on topic we mean watching ozanne post his entire Twitter feed on here with no response from anyone. Great!

Its repetitive and boring and you ask him anything remotely challenging against his dogma and he calls you a troll or just out right ignores the question.  He seems to want to have an area of the forum to post just his own political dogma without challenge or question.

Its pretty clear to most people the biggest removal of civil liberty in known history followed by the suggestion we will now have it restored for potentially good or bogus reasons depending on your view point goes far beyond the usual discussions around face masks and indy sage villains and is entirely the biggest political story right now.

The guy is entirely pathetic and he really needs a job.

Edited by Barry Fish

51 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Anyway, back on topic.

Major was always going to be critical of Johnson but these comments are very scathing. A former Tory PM being this critical of the current Tory PM like this is quite something. I wonder how much clout he has left in the Party and if this will make any difference; I doubt it. 

well said Major. Think I agree with every word of that and I think people always give more weight to politicians being critical of their own side. You know when that's happening something has really gone wrong with a party.

2 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

well said Major. Think I agree with every word of that and I think people always give more weight to politicians being critical of their own side. You know when that's happening something has really gone wrong with a party.

he's a stale old corporatist according to Zac.

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Two other things I saw yesterday, and I wish I could find links to them,  was a senior NHS leader saying they are ready for this change and one of the professors around the oxford Vaccine also saying the UK is well positioned to do this with98%of the population now thought to have antibodies either from previous infection / vaccines or both.  And we have the best uptake in the world for the vulnerable and older people having had the vaccine.  Some countries might have higher overall number vaccinated but what is key is how many at risk people have had the vaccine and we beat almost every other country in that regards.

This women is a SNP politician - which should also be put alongside her DR tag for context.  And we all know the games nasty Nicky is playing along with the political lobby group Indy Sage and their political scientists.

The problem you have @crazyfool1 is you seek out only one side of this debate and scare yourself and others.   You are being played mate. 

Which of these is true? Can't both be. 

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Glad to see the thread back on topic. If by on topic we mean watching ozanne post his entire Twitter feed on here with no response from anyone. Great!

Don't post on here often, but read it every day.

Can't sit by and watch @Ozanne getting picked on for doing little other than make a polite 'point of order' request without my saying something. Fray and Barry today, but also others over a long period of time on this and the 'shit' thread, have shown that Ozanne just being Ozanne gets under their skin. Fair enough, not everyone gets on with everyone else, but when it happens with Ozanne it quickly deteriorates into macho bullying bullshit of this variety:

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The guy is entirely pathetic and he really needs a job.

For what it's worth, I've always thought that Ozanne's posting of pro-Starmer material has a humorous edge to it and I'd much rather he continued posting his material than not. When he's been challenged about it he does explain things, but it would appear it's never enough to satisfy those for who it causes a problem.

I also agree with @Zoo Music Girlabout the tenor of the general debate on the darkside covid thread, which is why I finally gave up reading it at the end of last year, and find it tedious to see it being replicated here. I find this thread on most days to be an incredibly useful collection of the day's political happenings and there have been many articles and links that I've enjoyed and would have missed otherwise, especially on big news days.

Keep at it Ozanne, I can't say I agree with everything you say, but I continue to enjoy your contributions.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Which of these is true? Can't both be. 

Well they can both be true...  Let me expand...

If France has an overall up take of 90% and we have an overall up take of 70% (made up for this example) but our 70% is made up of the vulnerable and elderly and France is made up of mostly the young then even though we have a lower percentage we have a better protected population overall.

And this is actually the reality...

France did down the Oxford vaccine and put everything into the other vaccines.  But this caused them to have terribly low vaccination rates.  The only "caught up" when they quickly expanded into the younger demographic.  So what you have in France is a much younger profile within their vaccine profile.  Where as we have a much heavier vaccination of the older demographic here.  

Not sure if I am explaining it well but its why the UK is finding itself in a much better overall position.

7 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Can't sit by and watch @Ozanne getting picked on for doing little other than make a polite 'point of order' request without my saying something. Fray and Barry today, but also others over a long period of time on this and the 'shit' thread, have shown that Ozanne just being Ozanne gets under their skin. Fair enough, not everyone gets on with everyone else, but when it happens with Ozanne it quickly deteriorates into macho bullying bullshit of this variety:

For what it's worth, I've always thought that Ozanne's posting of pro-Starmer material has a humorous edge to it and I'd much rather he continued posting his material than not. When he's been challenged about it he does explain things, but it would appear it's never enough to satisfy those for who it causes a problem.

I also agree with @Zoo Music Girlabout the tenor of the general debate on the darkside covid thread, which is why I finally gave up reading it at the end of last year, and find it tedious to see it being replicated here. I find this thread on most days to be an incredibly useful collection of the day's political happenings and there have been many articles and links that I've enjoyed and would have missed otherwise, especially on big news days.

Keep at it Ozanne, I can't say I agree with everything you say, but I continue to enjoy your contributions.

Woah...nice one. An Ozanne appreciation post..

13 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

No need for insults. We also had BF calling someone a c**t a few pages back. Are we not above that? 

I think if you want to keep calling someone a troll for asking a reasonable question or saying their view point then you are just being insulting and should expect an insult back.  

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

You mean he isn't getting paid for his constant promotion and praise of every single thing Starmer does?

I am not sure if he is real.  I think he might just be a computer program that scans twitter for pro Keir posts and then reposts them here.  Maybe he is one of these Russian Bots we hear about trying to change the outcome of the election 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Was just waiting for someone to come along and say this is bullying 😂 classic.

Called him out for trying to police the thread and just being passive aggressive to @crazyfool1 and that’s bullying?

And yeah I take the piss out of his relentless starmer posting cause it’s deranged. If you’re going to post 20 pro starmer tweets a day I think you should expecting some flak for that personally 

3 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Nope, a Glasto politics: Non covid news thread appreciation post.

Is civil liberties just a covid issue ?  Genuine question...  I think it breaks a boundary and is directly relatable to the Boris party scandal we all love and been discussing given its a potential reason.

Edited by Barry Fish