news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I wonder if the reluctance of other Tories to challenge BJ for the leadership is due to them having party-shaped skeletons in their closets. When the photos do get released, it may well be Rishi cheersing along with Spaffer.

Edited by maelzoid
grammar

5 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I wonder if the reluctance of other Tories to challenge BJ for the leadership is due to them having party-shaped skeletons in their closets. When the photos do get released, it may well be Rishi cheersing along with Spaffer.

i think they all know they won't do as well as spaffer did in 2019.

Well late to the party but just started watching that BBC Blair and Brown doc today. Fascinating stuff - I didn't realise they'd secured interviews with all the main players. 

I was 14 when Blair came to power so while I do remember it, the early days stuff is much newer to me. I feel like the latter days of that Labour government are burned on my brain though as I was quite politicised by then so will be interesting to see how much I remember.

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well late to the party but just started watching that BBC Blair and Brown doc today. Fascinating stuff - I didn't realise they'd secured interviews with all the main players. 

I was 14 when Blair came to power so while I do remember it, the early days stuff is much newer to me. I feel like the latter days of that Labour government are burned on my brain though as I was quite politicised by then so will be interesting to see how much I remember.

yeah, it's a good doc. I think made by same people who made a similar Thatcher doc...and think they're doing Cameron next.

32 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

this good too...all the important people interviewed...like Steve Bannon and Jeremy Corbyn and some bloke who sounds like  Barry Shitpeas from Charlie Brooker's screenwipe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m0013xch/the-decade-the-rich-won

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

maybe...maybe not. Police inquiry to come, local elections, cost of living crisis, and a lot more people think he's a lying twat than they did before.

It feels like the wind is out of the sails to kick Johnson out for some reason, maybe it’s these new firings but I reckon that’ll be enough for the Tories. 

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It feels like the wind is out of the sails to kick Johnson out for some reason, maybe it’s these new firings but I reckon that’ll be enough for the Tories. 

yeah, think Johnson and co have done a good job of managing to stretch this out...and maybe the danger for them has now passed...I wonder how many letters have gone in? we may never know.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, think Johnson and co have done a good job of managing to stretch this out...and maybe the danger for them has now passed...I wonder how many letters have gone in? we may never know.

I can’t shake the feeling that these new appointments will be enough for the Tories. Cue some big story this evening that makes me look silly but it seems to be very quiet now.