news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it was, there was masses all over arsewipe, videos of the 'cheating', and all sorts.

because all nationalism is horrid,

why do those indyists never bring up the money from westminster that's funded the green power generation, everytime those indy-ists crow about green power?

it's not nationalism, it's independentism.

Just now, steviewevie said:

it's not nationalism, it's independentism.

ever looked at the snp's constitution; ever listened to an snp supporter; did you see those self-appointed border guards during the pandemic to keep scotland free of the english(not that there was reason to, scots did a good job themselves of spreading covid in scotland, as the imported from europe variants showed.

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yup... it's just another brexit type disaster waiting to happen.

yeah, indy-ists have the same aversion to the facts as the worst brexiter.

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it was, there was masses all over arsewipe, videos of the 'cheating', and all sorts.

why do those indyists never bring up the money from westminster that's funded the green power generation, everytime those indy-ists crow about green power?

Simply because the SNP gain popularity and votes by uttering soundbites, vague rhetoric and flag waving rather than costed economic policies. It’s easier to blame Westminster for everything. Their campaigning is nasty and I personally have been subjected to vile abuse from them when going my rounds for labour.  Blackford destroyed Charlie Kennedy using his personal problems including his battle with alcohol in his bid to win the seat from him.  
39082771-467C-4814-A2EB-380322D25CE2.jpeg.3ef2b8de0fa77c97c3c9a60e5443295a.jpeg

spaffer's govt reminds me of major's, bad headline followed by bad headline, it wont get any better cos spaffer's in charge. eventually, theres an election, which labour will win by default.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

No it wasn’t. Literally no idea how you could think that based on not living here but seeing a few nutters on fb/Twitter a few days after the vote. I’ve never met a single person that thought the result was cheated in some way. Not one single person. 

My question is why you bring it up unprompted about 3 times a week on here. It cannot be healthy to be that worked up about something that A) probs won’t happen B) you’d surely consider a good thing for you nah? What downside could there be to you?

16 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

No it wasn’t. Literally no idea how you could think that based on not living here but seeing a few nutters on fb/Twitter a few days after the vote. I’ve never met a single person that thought the result was cheated in some way. Not one single person. 

you didnt see the stuff on facebook there was a lot of it, and it was the major convo on facebook after the ref about the ref..? i don't deny its nutters, cos trump is sane, too..?

16 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

My question is why you bring it up unprompted about 3 times a week on here. It cannot be healthy to be that worked up about something that A) probs won’t happen B) you’d surely consider a good thing for you nah? What downside could there be to you?

i hate to see people make avoidable mistakes scottish politicians are uniquely different, they'd never lie to you...?

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

you didnt see the stuff on facebook there was a lot of it, and it was the major convo on facebook after the ref about the ref..? i don't deny its nutters, cos trump is sane, too..?

i hate to see people make avoidable mistakes scottish politicians are uniquely different, they'd never lie to you...?

Yes I saw some stuff on fb a few days after the referendum and nothing since then and I have met a lot of staunch nationalists in my time and not one of them has ever claimed the vote wasn’t genuine. No idea who you’re speaking to if you feel otherwise.

I voted no and would do so again, I’m just perplexed why you care so much. 

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yes I saw some stuff on fb a few days after the referendum and nothing since then and I have met a lot of staunch nationalists in my time and not one of them has ever claimed the vote wasn’t genuine. No idea who you’re speaking to if you feel otherwise.

i think the vote was genuine, it was those facebookers who i saw claiming it wasnt.

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I voted no and would do so again, I’m just perplexed why you care so much. 

cos nationalism is the oldest trick in the book!

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

cos nationalism is the oldest trick in the book!

should we all be one big country? Was it right that ukraine, baltics, and all those weirdly spelt countries stayed in USSR and stopped being so nationalist? Was it wrong for Ireland to leave UK? Should we not be allowed to leave EU? Should we have stayed in Roman empire?

Edited by steviewevie

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

should we all be one big country?

same as with ireland and cyprus, its stupid to have two independent territories on a small island

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Was it right that ukraine, baltics, and all those weirdly spelt countries stayed in USSR and stopped being so nationalist? Was it wrong for Ireland to leave UK? Should we not be allowed to leave EU? Should we have stayed in Roam empire?

the roman empire built a wall to keep you in your place? 😛 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

should we all be one big country? Was it right that ukraine, baltics, and all those weirdly spelt countries stayed in USSR and stopped being so nationalist? Was it wrong for Ireland to leave UK? Should we not be allowed to leave EU? Should we have stayed in Roam empire?

Are you saying that maybe Neil is still pining for the British Empire 😉

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Surely its like Brexit...

In that situation England would be the EU and Scotland the UK...

e.g. no one wins and everyone loses to some degree.

you nailed it, and scots lose the most cos they're being sold a lie, with extra costs attached.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Funny how history has been kind for Major..he's thought of as a nice guy, same with Brown...whereas Blair and Thatcher are evil.

history won't be kind to spaffer. or the mps who won't depose him.