Glasto politics: Non covid news

zahidf

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah only way out for him is to be forced out and I think the party right now would rather keep him in to shield themselves.

There also doesn’t seem to be anyone throwing their hat 🎩 into the ring .. 

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Despite all this, even with Grays report. I don't think he'll step down. He's too stubborn and self cantered. He'll say its not the right time to talk about such things and that once we're out of the pandemic, then they'll discuss. Or he'll come up with some reasoning behind each one. Johnson is going to have to be voted out, either by his own party, or the public. 

Of course he won’t step down, he’s too desperate for power to do that. He’ll be like Trump and trying to hang on by any means possible. Hopefully he’ll irreparably damage the Tories in the mean time. 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah only way out for him is to be forced out and I think the party right now would rather keep him in to shield themselves.

Any vote against him is a vote against any other MP/Civil Servant who was at any of these parties. 

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think a lot don't know what the fuck to do...by continuing to back him how much damage are they doing to both government and tory party... especially with cost of living crisis just around the corner. I guess maybe he can take all the blame for everything and then they'll bin him later in the year and put someone in all shiny and new, but damage done might be too much to recover from by then.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

In all this remember we are relying on Tories to do the right thing and force Johnson out. They’ll always find a way or reason to not to do the right thing. We changed 2 PMs in WW2 and once in WW1. 

Hoping for his Falklands moment.

5 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Hoping for his Falklands moment.

Dear god, nothing is more terrifying than the thought of Johnson in charge during any sort of armed conflict. Genuine nightmare scenario, he’d probably try to make a joke & accidentally invade the Canary Islands or something. 😬

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Dear god, nothing is more terrifying than the thought of Johnson in charge during any sort of armed conflict. Genuine nightmare scenario, he’d probably try to make a joke & accidentally invade the Canary Islands or something. 😬

I was just thinking something similar, he failed epically to handle the pandemic let alone anything like a war with Russia.

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

If Russia invades Ukraine don't think there will be much that NATO can or will do...just look on and hope ends as quickly as possible.

His people will try to put him front and centre of the international response though, however laughable it would be. It could be fun watching a 90 year old Biden put him in his place though!

The danger for those who want to oust Boris is that the Tory MPs, with whom have the power lays, get used to the drip, drip, drip of bad news. It's only when they get into true self preservation mode that their will be change.

3 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

His people will try to put him front and centre of the international response though, however laughable it would be. It could be fun watching a 90 year old Biden put him in his place though!

Hopefully a more united NATO and the threat of sanctions puts Putin off.

18 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

It's the scientists and NHS that's saved his bacon during covid. He's had little input yet keeps trying to take the credit.