news & politics:discussion

zahidf

In Coachella fashion the reason why Sue Gray’s report missed the deadline is because she in fact hasn’t started investigating and writing it yet. She actually started the investigation process on the day it was due. Her team is now desperately trying to cobble the report together in order for it to be ready for next week!

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

National insurance rise alongside rising energy prices and inflation.

Fuck me some people are going to be hit so hard by the tories and probably end up voting them back in.

£1.70 a week for NI and if you're on a fixed rate tariff, nothing at all. Inflation is the major worry.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Geez. The cost of living crises is now ‘nothing at all’. The lengths some will go to cover things up for the Tories is staggering. 

I presume that was aimed at me. Difficult to tell as anyone who makes a post you disagree with is automatically classed as a Tory in your blinkered eyes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ommadawn said:

I presume that was aimed at me. Difficult to tell as anyone who makes a post you disagree with is automatically classed as a Tory in your blinkered eyes.

Nope not anyone, just people that clearly would rather a Tory government but don’t have the guts to admit it.

You are apparently a grown adult, I’m not stopping you from doing anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Nothing to do with Brexit then

Whilst leaving the EU isn't responsible for the high gas prices not being part of the EU has left us vulnerable to the full brunt of high prices. It was a political decision to take us out of the EU Internal Energy Market and one that working people will be hit hardest by which of course a decision brought about by the Tories.

Rising taxes to help a struggling NHS which has been badly effected by a decade of Austerity which was of course a decision brought about by the Tories.

An economy that's been one of the worst impacted in the world by the pandemic which was primarily due an appalling pandemic response which was of course a decision brought about by the Tories.

3 of the major issues playing a part in the cost of living crises.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Whilst leaving the EU isn't responsible for the high gas prices not being part of the EU has left us vulnerable to the full brunt of high prices. It was a political decision to take us out of the EU Internal Energy Market and one that working people will be hit hardest by which of course a decision brought about by the Tories.

Rising taxes to help a struggling NHS which has been badly effected by a decade of Austerity which was of course a decision brought about by the Tories.

An economy that's been one of the worst impacted in the world by the pandemic which was primarily due an appalling pandemic response which was of course a decision brought about by the Tories.

3 of the major issues playing a part in the cost of living crises.

the eu has naff all to do with the high gas prices.

50 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Nope not anyone, just people that clearly would rather a Tory government but don’t have the guts to admit it.

You are apparently a grown adult, I’m not stopping you from doing anything.

PMSL. Don't you have an opinion poll to search for or are there none you like today ?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yes, the energy prices are global and inflation going to be a problem elsewhere too, but sovreign countries do have the ability to manage these problems and less the hardship for many households through taxes and benefits etc., but we have a tory government and live in a country where rising house prices and stocks are more important than the fact that the poor now have to rely on food banks which are as common as fuck these days.