Glasto politics: Non covid news

zahidf

It's been two days and I still can't stop laughing that we have a Prime Minister who refers to himself, or at least allows himself to be referred to, as "big dog".  

Maybe it's time for him to visit the vets and have his bollocks cut off, although that ship has probably sailed already.

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

It's been two days and I still can't stop laughing that we have a Prime Minister who refers to himself, or at least allows himself to be referred to, as "big dog".  

Maybe it's time for him to visit the vets and have his bollocks cut off, although that ship has probably sailed already.

No 10 denies reports Boris Johnson was warned in advance that party on 20  May 2020 was mistake – UK politics live | Politics | The Guardian

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I can't see the Tories looking at these polls and thinking Boris is a keeper. There's new stories every day about him and this is before all the cost of living issues. He's so done.

its all going like  you expect from boris. also see mayor of London, that's going to hit the fan again.

41 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The focus on his wife I find a bit ghoulish.  She isn't elected and I don't really expect anything from her beyond a normal citizen.

The same carrie Johnson who likes to influence things around Downing Street and attends the work parties alongside  Boris ? If you cant take the heat get out the kitchen i think is the expression thats relevant here .... normally Id agree in terms of going after someones other half but not here ... she's very much an influencer around downing street and Boris will know what she's up to ... so it all plays into his lies and deceit 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its not a "home" as such though is it... They are all offices in some form or another.  

I am with everyone on party gate - but this one doesn't stick if you engage your brain and sprinkle a little bit of reality  on the life of being the PM...

The focus on his wife I find a bit ghoulish.  She isn't elected and I don't really expect anything from her beyond a normal citizen.

Think there is quite a bit of misogyny against Carrie - especially from Cummings?

52 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like government doesn't actually have an alternative for the licence fee...they just wanted to put it out there...so people on forums everywhere discussed BBC funding and not Boris the c**t.

Well we seem to be doing a good job at both... 

19 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Here we go, the circle is drawing ever closer on Johnson...

Thing is...do MPs trust Cummings more than Johnson? Don't think there's a lot of love for either of them. Whether Johnson lied to Commons or not won't be part of Gray's investigation...so up to MPs to decide.

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The same carrie Johnson who likes to influence things around Downing Street and attends the work parties alongside  Boris ? If you cant take the heat get out the kitchen i think is the expression thats relevant here .... normally Id agree in terms of going after someones other half but not here ... she's very much an influencer around downing street and Boris will know what she's up to ... so it all plays into his lies and deceit 

You are going all Dominic Cummings on us now.  We have no idea if she influences things or not.  Cummings hated her but probably because she is potentially the only person in government who told him to feck off at some point.

Edited by Barry Fish

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Thing is...do MPs trust Cummings more than Johnson? Don't think there's a lot of love for either of them. Whether Johnson lied to Commons or not won't be part of Gray's investigation...so up to MPs to decide.

It’s more that he’s saying that he and the others that raised the party with the PM will testify under oath about it, if he’s willing to go under oath then in theory there must be an element of truth at least. You would think there would be some proof of this, something like a WhatsApp will do. 

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Dear lord - listening to you two its like no other country exists or has reasonable TV 🙂 

All you are missing is a few flags in the the background (all the rage these days)

Shows how little you know me. I'm not even British  (very much not a flag waver of any description) and I say this from the point of view of knowing a little about tv in other countries and having read many things from people from different countries and the BBC is one of the few things that is admired about Britain. I very much don't agree with British exceptionalism I think it's a myth that a lot of idiots believe in and those idiots wanting to dismantle one of the few great things they have is proof of it. 

• Upvote 1