Glasto politics: Non covid news

zahidf

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Don't think there will be any leadership challenge...way he goes is if vote of no confidence or he resigns. 

Enquiry might force his hand depending on how it’s worded …. Lots to come … Laura K said earlier it might take 1 week … The people interested won’t be backing him now … 

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

He really was, he adapted on the fly to Johnson and completely destroyed Johnson. 

He's good at this stuff, right? this is his thing. He's not so good at the barnstorming speeches that you need during election campaigns though....hopefully he can improve that.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

He's good at this stuff, right? this is his thing. He's not so good at the barnstorming speeches that you need during election campaigns though....hopefully he can improve that.

Yeah I’d agree with that. 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Enquiry might force his hand depending on how it’s worded …. Lots to come … Laura K said earlier it might take 1 week … The people interested won’t be backing him now … 

The enquiry that will say exactly what Spaffer wants it to say? It’s going to be anything but impartial. 

I can’t take the credit for this but…

ITS TIME WE GOT BOXIT DONE!

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

The enquiry that will say exactly what Spaffer wants it to say? It’s going to be anything but impartial. 

She’s also in an impossible position given his misdemeanours are obvious and he’s admitted he was there … she ruins any credibility she has .. or just completes the job on the PM with things already known … 

27 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I would imagine she’s gonna be another stooge like Lord Geidt and somehow let Johnson off. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Same with sunak … so backing pm we have Zadawi last night and Raab … that rules them out of any leadership bid I’d say 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10396665/Rishi-Sunaks-tepid-support-Boris-Johnson-partygate-stands-like-sore-thumb.html

Daily Mail tracking it...  Pretty much everyone has backed the PM in some way yesterday

image.png.d4cacb690f5ced9fa706aaf9d4fa1128.png

Just now, Ozanne said:

I would imagine she’s gonna be another stooge like Lord Geidt and somehow let Johnson off. 

How can she though ? It’s her job to report the facts isn’t it ? Although bizarrely it seems like Johnson can or can’t sack himself as a result … 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How can she though ? It’s her job to report the facts isn’t it ? Although bizarrely it seems like Johnson can or can’t sack himself as a result … 

I trust her more than I would trust a "independent" Judge as is being suggested as an alternative. 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10396665/Rishi-Sunaks-tepid-support-Boris-Johnson-partygate-stands-like-sore-thumb.html

Daily Mail tracking it...  Pretty much everyone has backed the PM in some way yesterday

image.png.d4cacb690f5ced9fa706aaf9d4fa1128.png

Absolutely strange state of affairs they all still fall in behind a lame duck PM .. wonder if any of them attended ? 

Just had reply from my MP, she's going wait until the Gray Inquiry is published before deciding her actions.

Of course the Gray Inquiry is so independent. Reporting to the PM who decides what can be published 😠

Just now, Lycra said:

Just had reply from my MP, she's going wait until the Gray Inquiry is published before deciding her actions.

Of course the Gray Inquiry is so independent. Reporting to the PM who decides what can be published 😠

That’ll be the stock answer I’m sure … 

4 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Conveniently a family member has tested positive so Boris as had to cancel is trip to Lancashire 😂

He’s vaccinated so would only have to isolate if he showed symptoms wouldn’t he ? I loose track of all the changes … and a negative lft would mean he could carry on ? 

58 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The same way that Geidt did, conveniently not find Johnson deliberately guilty but only accidentally made a mistake and then next year she’ll get rewarded. She was personally appointed by Johnson to look into this after his last appointment was found to have broken the rules anyway.

Sue Gray isn’t exactly perfect, she has previously given advice to staff about deleting emails so they can’t be found under a freedom of information request. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Absolutely strange state of affairs they all still fall in behind a lame duck PM .. wonder if any of them attended ? 

Change of leader would be a change of team...  Patel / Rabb for example have no chance if Boris goes I feel of staying in position.

Edited by Barry Fish

53 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The same way that Geidt did, conveniently not find Johnson deliberately guilty but only accidentally made a mistake and then next year she’ll get rewarded. She was personally appointed by Johnson to look into this after his last appointment was found to have broken the rules anyway.

Sue Gray isn’t exactly perfect, she has previously given advice to staff about deleting emails so they can’t be found under a freedom of information request. 

Whilst I agree … it will be hard for her to dispute stuff that’s already public knowledge and is already damaging Boris …  evidence is stacking up too much against him … the only one that can do this much whitewashing is Boris .. Maybe he can use some of that expensive wallpaper to cover the chasms that are starting to appear … only at taxpayers expense though 

Edited by crazyfool1

57 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

He’s vaccinated so would only have to isolate if he showed symptoms wouldn’t he ? I loose track of all the changes … and a negative lft would mean he could carry on ? 

Only needs to take a test if he has symptoms...  other than he can carry on with life...  That is my understanding.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Whilst I agree … it will be hard for her to dispute stuff that’s already public knowledge and is already damaging Boris …  evidence is stacking up too much against him … don’t see how this can get whitewashed now … we will see in a couple of months or four

Fixed for you...  If think they will want to delay as much as possible...

It will be even longer if police investigate as the internal investigation will no doubt be stalled until the police have finished... 

Edited by Barry Fish