Jump to content

Glasto politics: Non covid news


zahidf
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I expect won't be a smoking gun that sinks Johnson, and I don't reckon MET will get involved. It will be a lessons need to be learnt exercise.

Also...I wonder if Starmer calling for Johnson to resign will make it more likely that Tory MPs get behind their dear leader.

Not sure which is best for Starmer....let a gravely wounded Boris carry on until the next general election or ramp it up to the extent he's culled by his own party. A new Tory PM could be a much more serious electoral proposition 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

“Self-sacrifice”- when you and I will be paying for that settlement. 


I don’t disagree with you but it’s a fucking dreadful state of affairs.

The mans a walking argument for a republic.

 

Sure Spaffers relieved people have something else to talk about for a couple of hours though!

I'm not sure we will be footing the bill. He's just sold a ski chalet for £17m. My guess is the settlement would run into the millions, as he'll have to pay big for the kind of NDA he needs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'm not sure we will be footing the bill. He's just sold a ski chalet for £17m. My guess is the settlement would run into the millions, as he'll have to pay big for the kind of NDA he needs.

And who paid for the chalet? Unless it’s a gift from his old mucker Jeffrey, I suspect we are paying for it on one level or another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'm not sure we will be footing the bill. He's just sold a ski chalet for £17m. My guess is the settlement would run into the millions, as he'll have to pay big for the kind of NDA he needs.

Assuming the plaintiff will accept an out of  court settlement 🤔 She may be wanting to make a huge statement on behalf of all women And I wouldn't try to dissuade her otherwise......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exceptional performance by Starmer, he got every note correct with the right tone and had Johnson clearly rattled. Johnson had no answer. Starmer waiting till they had something on Johnson before calling for a resignation made those calls today much more impactful.

It was his best PMQs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Exceptional performance by Starmer, he got every note correct with the right tone and had Johnson clearly rattled. Johnson had no answer. Starmer waiting till they had something on Johnson before calling for a resignation made those calls today much more impactful.

It was his best PMQs. 

I’ve seen a few comments to that effect from people who are not necessarily fans of Starmer. Will it cut through? Maybe? The panel on the politics show on BBC after PMQs - apart from the sole Tory - were livid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I’ve seen a few comments to that effect from people who are not necessarily fans of Starmer. Will it cut through? Maybe? The panel on the politics show on BBC after PMQs - apart from the sole Tory - were livid.

Who knows if it will, I’d say Johnson’s awful explanation will probably be what people are talking about. However people will potentially notice Starmer showing passion and fire which he hasn’t shown before so hopefully it will resonate slightly.

Also have a look at his body language when Johnson was giving his statement - leaning forward, note taking, watching Johnson to adapt his thoughts and comments to trap Johnson. This is why having a former DPP as LOP was a good idea and this is why his methods will pay dividends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

And who paid for the chalet? Unless it’s a gift from his old mucker Jeffrey, I suspect we are paying for it on one level or another.

Well if that is the case, we have already paid for it....

57 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Assuming the plaintiff will accept an out of  court settlement 🤔 She may be wanting to make a huge statement on behalf of all women And I wouldn't try to dissuade her otherwise......

I would also applaud such a move, but I think it will get to the point where the offer is just too high to refuse, against a trial that could still go in Andrew's favour and leave her with nothing but huge legal bills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Assuming the plaintiff will accept an out of  court settlement 🤔 She may be wanting to make a huge statement on behalf of all women And I wouldn't try to dissuade her otherwise......

She’s run out of hush money since Epstein and Maxwell are no longer funding her lifestyle. She’ll take the cash and won’t be heard from again.  Unless she spends it all

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Not sure which is best for Starmer....let a gravely wounded Boris carry on until the next general election or ramp it up to the extent he's culled by his own party. A new Tory PM could be a much more serious electoral proposition 🤔

Boris appeals to the less informed people in the country. They like the bumbling idiot and that he’s not a normal boring politician. 
 

Whose the next idiot in waiting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

She’s run out of hush money since Epstein and Maxwell are no longer funding her lifestyle. She’ll take the cash and won’t be heard from again.  Unless she spends it all

Apparently she has plenty of money but wants her day in court with someone! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...