news & politics:discussion

zahidf

23 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Said through gritted teeth😂

There's nothing wrong with that statement imo... The Queen has given her life to this country and I think she's just trying to keep things in the family..... 

I personally think with her husband in hospital they could have postponed the airing .. Imo which is a dangerous thing to have nowadays I think if you are looking for a quiet life then don't go on TV and air your laundry.... They might as well have gone on a Jeremy Kyle show... 

As for piers he had to go.. Wot he said about metal health you just can't say... But wot he says about having your own opinion is true.. We live in a country where your allowed to say what you think.. But I think he should have quit first if he was going to say that he didn't believe a word and I think he knew he was going to be say it.... 

Saying it wasn't wrong.. Where he said it was.. Just imo tho.. 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

There's nothing wrong with that statement imo... The Queen has given her life to this country and I think she's just trying to keep things in the family..... 

I personally think with her husband in hospital they could have postponed the airing .. Imo which is a dangerous thing to have nowadays I think if you are looking for a quiet life then don't go on TV and air your laundry.... They might as well have gone on a Jeremy Kyle show... 

As for piers he had to go.. Wot he said about metal health you just can't say... But wot he says about having your own opinion is true.. We live in a country where your allowed to say what you think.. But I think he should have quit first if he was going to say that he didn't believe a word and I think he knew he was going to be say it.... 

Saying it wasn't wrong.. Where he said it was.. Just imo tho.. 

Well he's free to go a place where they'll encourage him to say what he wants on "wokewatch" 

33 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Agree with this - ridiculous it's being turned back on women 

Is this the poor girl that they have arrested a copper for....... We're the most watched people on earth we sho all men and women be able to go about safely.... Unless of course there's a killer cop.. Nothing you can say do about that... Thoughts go out to the forest family init old sons. 

13 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Agree with this - ridiculous it's being turned back on women 

I agree in principle, but actually think that such a reversal would not protect anyone. A man who is capable of rape and murder is unlikely to be adhering to curfew laws, all he needs to do is avoid detection...

While I think it's fair enough to criticise the advice - I certainly appreciate how it can look like the onus is on women, rather than their potential assailants, ultimately if women could be vulnerable if out on their own, it would be irresponsible not to warn them against it.

The Royal family thing is just so strange in the cold light of day. I used to be in favour, only because it saved us from have presidential elections and is a cheaper alternative. But what on earth does the queen do? Smiles, shakes hands, meet and greet, eats banquets, and ... I'm struggling here. We have an anthem that's all about her not our country and so I should feel some kind of pride in her, but what has she done to make me proud. I can't think of anything. If the whole lot got beamed up by aliens I'd not notice, nothing would change, would it?

Britain is so strange - a head of state with no powers and no qualifications; a prime minister we don't elect; a second chamber we don't elect and has no powers. An electoral system which is designed for 2 parties but invites many more to participate (the Tories really have this so sorted, it's them or not them [when their vote got close to being split by UKIP they held a referendum to get rid of them, and then convinced labour that the remaining UKIP voters where all labour voters - brilliant positioning and status quo resumed]).

It's all so broken.

37 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I agree in principle, but actually think that such a reversal would not protect anyone. A man who is capable of rape and murder is unlikely to be adhering to curfew laws, all he needs to do is avoid detection...

While I think it's fair enough to criticise the advice - I certainly appreciate how it can look like the onus is on women, rather than their potential assailants, ultimately if women could be vulnerable if out on their own, it would be irresponsible not to warn them against it.

Yes but if there was a curfew on men and men agreed to do it at least you'd know that seeing that man on the streets was a danger straight away. It has to be time to change our approach I am sick of worrying about things or not doing things that my husband wouldn't think about twice. Maybe if men have to bear the consequences of other men's actions they would challenge bad behaviour more. What we are doing now clearly isn't working so I think it is time for a radical approach and holding men accountable for the behaviour of men seems a better place to start. 

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Wow, Jeremy really lives rent free in your head doesn't he? Every single criticism of Keir is met with a pathetic "B-b-but Corbyn!" from you lmao

Centrists generally are absolutely obsessed mate, inappropriately shoehorning him into every conversation. Its a sickness. Look at this from Frances Barber last night to a tweet about the murder of this young lass in London.

Honestly, get over Corbyn, you won, you got the conservative government you wanted, you got Corbyn kicked out of the labour party for absolutely no reason, you drove out basically everybody of decent conscience from the party. What do you want? Where does this seemingly endless froth-at-the-mouth hatred end? Do you want to kill Corbyn? Do you want to kill all the leftists?

2C835969-2E7F-4ACE-8A9A-989DD0BFA5CE.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Doubling down on vapid nothingness. He just can’t get out of second gear old twenty’s plenty keef.

Chins grown though.

E9E9DEA4-E262-4176-B55E-7BF5BBB695E4.png

Ad hominem attacks about his personal appearance seems unnecessary. 

6 hours ago, mattiloy said:

you got the conservative government you wanted, you got Corbyn kicked out of the labour party for absolutely no reason, 

Just because people criticise Corbyn doesn't mean that people wanted a tory government - I have and will continue to criticise his leadership but I voted and canvassed for him. You're so anti the current labour leadership I presume that means that you want a tory government? Corbyn was kicked out of the party for denying the extent of antisemitism in the party under his watch and refusing to apologise for it when given an ultimatum. Personally don't think that's for no reason.

7 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Just because people criticise Corbyn doesn't mean that people wanted a tory government - I have and will continue to criticise his leadership but I voted and canvassed for him. You're so anti the current labour leadership I presume that means that you want a tory government? Corbyn was kicked out of the party for denying the extent of antisemitism in the party under his watch and refusing to apologise for it when given an ultimatum. Personally don't think that's for no reason.

A manunale too lsrrnfrom his midtskes

50 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Why? He isnt gonna see it. Is there no room for levity in politics these days? Or is it only for very sensible and serious people?

You never said anything about Boris’ hair then? Or trump?

50 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

At the moment there is scant difference between the policy noises Labour makes and the tories so frankly I couldn’t give toss. Politically I’m just looking forward to the Queens death and a United Ireland.

Yes, it would be a reason, if antisemitism had not been exaggerated and if he had personal responsibility for the antisemites and thus ought to apologise but that isnt the case. Corbyn was and remains absolutely correct.

I think left wingers are usually motivated by an instinctive sense of fairness and an intolerance of injustice. If it was me and I didnt naturally feel the pang of injustice here, I’d wonder if I was left wing at all.

57 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Why? He isnt gonna see it. Is there no room for levity in politics these days? Or is it only for very sensible and serious people?

You never said anything about Boris’ hair then? Or trump?

Nah, because none of those things are funny. Isn't trump orange is such shit boomer humour facebook shite. When you have people who are so easily mockable for almost everything else if you're resorting to ad hominem it normally means you've run out of anything interesting or funny to say. 

At the moment there is scant difference between the policy noises Labour makes and the tories so frankly I couldn’t give toss. Politically I’m just looking forward to the Queens death and a United Ireland.

So by your own logic you're pro-tory and want a conservative government. Glad you're in a position to have such ideological purity but most of those who are in desperate need of a labour government aren't.

If it was me and I didnt naturally feel the pang of injustice here, I’d wonder if I was left wing at all.

Ahaha wait so you're so virtuous that your feeling of the pang of injustice makes it so? You're the barometer of who is and isn't left wing? Fuck me when I said you were conceited a few pages ago I was understating it.