news & politics:discussion

zahidf

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

One player won’t make any difference … he’s fucked them all over … they will give him shit … that could easily go either way In his performance levels … 

Has he..? Never really liked him cause he isn't cuddly like Federer/Nadal/Murray, and I haven't followed this story that closely, but looks to me like he's been treated a bit shit if he was told recent infection was ok for a vaccine excemption but then when he arrived it suddenly wasn't?

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

What business is it of his? Is he that desperate for the spotlight that he feels the need to muscle in on this situation that has nothing to do with him?

It's non of my business and nothing to do with me to be fair, yet its all I've heard all weekend!

The earth is burning but that's not as important as a visa dispute half the world away. 

Fuck that, and double fuck Farage.

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe Jez is actually secretly leading the battle in UK against the elite peadophile cannibal cult.

Liberals will suspect Carrie Johnson of timing her contractions with the press cycle but cry looney left! if you find it unsettling that there was a close personal relationship between one of Starmer’s closest advisors and probably the most famous pedofile in the world.. a friendship that appears to have continued after he had been charged for soliciting sex from minors.

Or if you consider that Mandelson, spin doctor supreme, prince of darkness, might have had a hand in the simultaneous occurence of a completely speculative story based on nothing that was bound to cause a bigger stir.

Man at this point Corbyn is really just immigrants for liberals. Whatever the issue, just blame Corbyn.

Edited by mattiloy

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

Liberals will suspect Carrie Johnson of timing her contractions with the press cycle but cry looney left! if you fine it unsettling that there was a close personal relationship between one of Starmer’s closest advisors and probably the most famous pedofile in the world.. a friendship that appears to have continued after he had been charged for soliciting sex from minors.

Or if you consider that Mandelson, spin doctor supreme, prince of darkness, might have had a hand in the simultaneous occurence of a completely speculative story based on nothing that was bound to cause a bigger stir.

Man at this point Corbyn is really just immigrants for liberals. Whatever the issue, just blame Corbyn.

Or that Corbyn is thinking of standing at next election as leader of a new political party has nothing to do with Mandy and his peado mate.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sky News have just said that Johnson and Carrie did attend the party!

Johnson needs to go now. 

Notice the distinct change in Boris tone.....no denial or attempt to justify. The net is closing!

1 minute ago, Lycra said:

Notice the distinct change in Boris tone.....no denial or attempt to justify. The net is closing!

He couldn’t look the interviewer in the eye. He knows he’s been caught on this one. They can try to throw the PPS under the bus but Johnson attended, in similar circumstances earlier on the pandemic others resigned, he has to resign for this. 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Narcissism?

Yes I see him called a narcissist by centrists often.

As i see it, he’s an MP who contented himself with decades of relative anonymity in politics campaigning on untrendy issues which latterly became more trendy and more urgent, lifting him from obscurity for a bit.

I never really understood where the narcissist charge came from. Just that he likes to speak at rallies to the big crowds of people interested in the political solutions to the economic and social injustices of latter day capitalism?

Because if it is just speaking to an audience, imagine if he’d done it for money, surely that would be more narcissistic? Imagine if he sold tickets at a ridiculous £66.50! Imagine if after charging £66.50 he proceeded to bore the living daylights out the audience by going on and on about his days as the director of public prosecutions or with tales of his Dad feeling sad because nobody respected him for working in the toolmaker factory (and weirdly neglecting to mention he owned the factory)… surely that would be more narcissistic?

Corbyn talked largely about policy, Starmer talks largely about himself. Corbyn extended an olive branch to those who rebelled and appointed some back to his shadow cabinet. Starmer suspends anyone found guilty of dissent.

To my mind Starmer more fits the profile of a paranoid narcissist presiding over a cult of personality regime, incapable of admitting his obvious shortcomings, like all the most committed authoritarians, your Stalins, your Hitlers, your Trumps. Disinterested in actual politics, in governing, only in sustaining his feeble ego.

3EA16616-8EEA-4A91-8578-15A0DC920967.jpeg

Edited by mattiloy

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

Yes I see him called a narcissist by centrists often.

As i see it, he’s an MP who contented himself with decades of relative anonymity in politics campaigning on untrendy issues which latterly became more trendy and more urgent, lifting him from obscurity for a bit.

I never really understood where the narcissist charge came from. Just that he likes to speak at rallies to the big crowds of people interested in the political solutions to the economic and social injustices of latter day capitalism?

Because if it is just speaking to an audience, imagine if he’d done it for money, surely that would be more narcissistic? Imagine if he sold tickets at a ridiculous £66.50! Imagine if after charging £66.50 he proceeded to bore the living daylights out the audience by going on and on about his days as the director of public prosecutions or with tales of his Dad feeling sad because nobody respected him for working in the toolmaker factory (and weirdly neglecting to mention he owned the factory)… surely that would be more narcissistic?

Corbyn talked largely about policy, Starmer talks largely about himself. Corbyn extended an olive branch to those who rebelled and appointed some back to his shadow cabinet. Starmer suspends anyone found guilty of dissent.

To my mind Starmer more fits the profile of a paranoid narcissist presiding over a cult of personality regime like all the most committed authoritarians, your Stalins, your Hitlers, your Trumps. Disinterested in actual politics, in governing, only in sustaining his feeble ego.

3EA16616-8EEA-4A91-8578-15A0DC920967.jpeg

Blimey