news & politics:discussion

zahidf

36 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Oh cock. 

When would the government be implementing this plan? Will it be the sensible option of before the end of this month and the Halloween/Bonfire Night Gatherings or will it follow their usual plan of letting everyone get pissed together and then lock us down again. 

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Oh cock. 

When would the government be implementing this plan? Will it be the sensible option of before the end of this month and the Halloween/Bonfire Night Gatherings or will it follow their usual plan of letting everyone get pissed together and then lock us down again. 

It’s not happening and neither is this 100k a day nonsense. Probs just trying to scare people into getting their boosters. Things are looking alright tbh and way better than what any doom monger said they’d be by now.

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Oh cock. 

They will wait and wait and wait and then maybe do a bit more waiting … but I think half term was being talked about at one point …. But then I’m sure this government make are decisive aren’t they ?!! 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

They will wait and wait and wait and then maybe do a bit more waiting … but I think half term was being talked about at one point …. But then I’m sure this government make are decisive aren’t they ?!! 

Half term (in England) is next week!

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It’s not happening and neither is this 100k a day nonsense. Probs just trying to scare people into getting their boosters. Things are looking alright tbh and way better than what any doom monger said they’d be by now.

The medical people said very different yesterday … maybe they are wrong ? They look better maybe because they have put In some worst case scenarios to make things look better than they actually are ? … the govt are inclined to the odd u turn as we know 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

The medical people said very different yesterday … maybe they are wrong ? They look better maybe because they have put In some worst case scenarios to make things look better than they actually are ? … the govt are inclined to the odd u turn as we know 

Nope, cases and hospitalisations are way below central estimates and also lower than even the most optimistic models. 

Lockdown this winter, lockdown every winter.

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Half term (in England) is next week!

Half term does varies by area. It's not consistent across the country.

In Leicestershire, it's this week. In Derbyshire, it's next week.

In Nottinghamshire, it's two weeks long and is both this week and next.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Half term does varies by area. It's not consistent across the country.

In Leicestershire, it's this week. In Derbyshire, it's next week.

In Nottinghamshire, it's two weeks long and is both this week and next.

It's next week in the few counties I frequent in the South West which could do with it with the area having been chinned by the whole false negative PCR debacle.

32 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Oh cock. 

It goes to show the government have no clue what they are doing. It seems pretty clear something needs to be done now before people start gathering inside more with the colder weather. They are lining up the public as the fall guys when in actuality we all saw this coming and they have been asleep at the wheel again (or on holiday for the 3rd time this year).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Oh cock. 

xmas eve.

The great betrayal: how the Hillsborough families were failed by the justice system | Hillsborough disaster | The Guardian

This is a really respectful article. Its a great summary of the whole heart-breaking affair for anybody interested in just how stacked the system is. Its a lasting stain on modern Britain and a true reminder of just how powerless ordinary citizens are against the might of the state. It led me to think about the coming COVID inquiry. I suspect we will never really know the truth of the governments initial strategy and subsequent failings. Will anybody ever be held accountable? I doubt it.

54 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Oh cock. 

probably all comes down to how bad flu is this winter, because the vaccines are holding up very well against covid, and with more booster vaccines being done covid should hopefully not be a big problem for NHS.