news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It feels pretty pointless. When he said it could get to 100,000 a day he almost sounded excited about it.

His priority will be keeping people in offices to help his landlord mates. They should be acting now, after that report last week it was said you need to act earlier than you think and the government are again making the mistakes of last year. 

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah that's a good point. Pick a really high number and then everything else looks better than that.

It was a cynical political play...and it worked a treat for the govt.

A look in the cesspool thread and you can see where it is used to show how the current situation isn't a problem and isn't worthy of any social mitigations to deal with the ongoing high number of cases...because the cases are sooooo much lower than the 100k predicted.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Javid really seems like a slimy little libertarian turd

Funny, was just describing him in very similar language in my rant at the radio during his presser!

It was his attitude that he's in control, the govt are on top of this, it's all part of their plan etc etc that gets my goat when once again the govt have left things far too late and have been shamed into doing something...and that something on closer inspection amounts to little more than a pile of beans <sigh>

I had my flu jab yesterday, feel like shit today, never reacted like this before, aches,  coughing, runny nose. I appreciate the jab is meant to protect but at the moment its laughing at me. Need to have a rummage for my man suit, put it on and zip it up, I know.

44 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

His priority will be keeping people in offices to help his landlord mates. They should be acting now, after that report last week it was said you need to act earlier than you think and the government are again making the mistakes of last year. 

He’s the health of the ‘economy’ secretary, not the public.

36 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so plan b is masks ....... we arent implementing plan b asking you to wear masks but could you please wear masks to stop plan b being needed ? despite the fact very few of the Tory party wear them in the HoC ..... yeah perfectly clear Sajid 

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just reading it now (I still read it sometimes but just don't want to contribute due to the aggressive posting style of most of the inhabitants!)...

Ha good plan! 

Probably best just to leave them to it. Posting and then getting angry about Tweets seems to mostly keep them occupied