news & politics:discussion

zahidf

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

To me it looks like Ozanne just wants labour to beat the tories more than anything and knows to do that need to get behind the leader...so muchos respectos to ozanne for that.

It wasn’t a criticism .. sometimes oz comes across as hero worshipping kier on here but doesn’t express that he has his faults so much … I think seeing a balance is good … for me my alternative to Tory is Lib Dem and I’ve no other choice of an electable mp so despite my dislike for the tuition fees that’s who I still vote for and will continue to do so .. I think it’s hard to find a party where you support every policy . 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

It wasn’t a criticism .. sometimes oz comes across as hero worshipping kier on here but doesn’t express that he has his faults so much … I think seeing a balance is good … for me my alternative to Tory is Lib Dem and I’ve no other choice of an electable mp so despite my dislike for the tuition fees that’s who I still vote for and will continue to do so .. I think it’s hard to find a party where you support every policy . 

enough of this free thinking nonsense.

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve responded with some mistakes and faults for you, any comment back?

I don’t have to express his faults as I support him and Labour so I do the opposite. More than anything I want the Tories out of government so I will support the person who has the best chance currently of doing that. 

Edited by Ozanne

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve responded with some mistakes and faults for you, any comment back?

I don’t have to express his faults as I support him and Labour so I do the opposite. More than anything I want the Tories out of government so I will support the person who has the best chance currently of doing that. 

That was a comment back .. not sure what you want ? It’s good that u recognise those and that doesn’t often come over clearly on a forum .. and yep me likewise 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That was a comment back .. not sure what you want ? It’s good that u recognise those and that doesn’t often come over clearly on a forum .. and yep me likewise 

I thought you were asking it to start a conversation not just have me list faults of his for the sake of it.

On 9/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, steviewevie said:

It's the headlines at the moment. Press just doing what the press does, they want a labour split story, and they have it. Who cares about actual policies. McDonald knows this too. Maximum damage.

Anyway £15 isn't enough, should be at least £16.50. Actually no, fuck it, make it 20.

Pretty annoyed tbh, and now a bit drunk.

My missus is an experienced vet nurse. 15 years qualified. Actual fee paying professional. £12.80 an hour to have c**ts say to her "you're supposed to love animals" as they moan about their reasonable bills that they have no concept of what is actually involved in making a vet business sustainable and go off fuming in their new Audi. 

17 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Nail on the head here. It's fairly bizarre. Think Starmer could have done his speech and recite the alphabet for an hour and Ozanne would love it.

nothing totally wrong with hero worship ... we all have heros ... Its also about being open to those faults and oz has talked about some of them .... Its tough being in opposition but this opposition should have  the biggest chance of hammering the tory govt right now .... and they are just treading water , and attacking themselves rather than the corrupt tories 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

nothing totally wrong with hero worship ... we all have heros ... Its also about being open to those faults and oz has talked about some of them .... Its tough being in opposition but this opposition should have  the biggest chance of hammering the tory govt right now .... and they are just treading water , and attacking themselves rather than the corrupt tories 

I see that person is still going for personal attacks at me nearly a year after I’ve ignored him. People tend to go for personal attacks when they haven’t got any valid argument. 

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I mean we don't know when next GE will be, could be next year, could be 2024...and we're living in kind of turbulent times which could play a big factor. Actually a big decision from Johnson when he calls an election, probably won't be till 2nd half of 2023 at the earliest, but who knows. Labour have a massive task even to reduce tory majority let alone getting a majority themselves...and really it's all about who replaces starmer when he inevitably loses...Reeves, Rayner, Nandy...or Streeting! 🙂 (or Burnham I guess).

If things ever get bad enough that Streeting becomes Labour leader then it’d surely be a thousand year tory reich. Dumb idiot lego haired sack of spuds that he is.

Lets be honest we’re just all ready to fast forward and feel the Burn aren’t we?

Can’t the daily mirror do us all a solid and setup the Leigh MP with some undercover sting framing him for some nonce stuff or something and get a byelection underway

Just now, mattiloy said:

If things ever get bad enough that Streeting becomes Labour leader then it’d surely be a thousand year tory reich. Dumb idiot lego haired sack of spuds that he is.

Lets be honest we’re just all ready to fast forward and feel the Burn aren’t we?

Can’t the daily mirror do us all a solid and setup the Leigh MP with some undercover sting framing him for some nonce stuff or something and get a byelection underway

he's certainly been selling his wares the last few days. Leigh has a tory MP, so bit risky. Rumours that Blackley and Broughton or Rochdale could become available, or Knowsley. 

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he's certainly been selling his wares the last few days. Leigh has a tory MP, so bit risky. Rumours that Blackley and Broughton or Rochdale could become available, or Knowsley. 

Well yeah whatever comes up first probably but if nothing does by the next election, I'd say he'd probably win Leigh back and project some serious big dick energy in doing so.

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Well yeah whatever comes up first probably but if nothing does by the next election, I'd say he'd probably win Leigh back and project some serious big dick energy in doing so.

What are ur views on Burnham? Seems to have shifted left a bit since his last 2 attempts and a well known face now and quite likeable.

I also believe he support PR now even tho he led the no campaign against AV I think in 2011. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

nothing totally wrong with hero worship ... we all have heros ... 

Yeah but most peoples heroes have actually done something to merit high praise.

52 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I see that person is still going for personal attacks at me nearly a year after I’ve ignored him. People tend to go for personal attacks when they haven’t got any valid argument. 

You read all my posts either way so not much point putting me on ignore. You ignored my point about you voting Lib Dem two years ago too 😂

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

That’s exactly it, I was massively behind Corbyn back 2 years ago for that very reason. 

It’s not a bad position tbf. I long for the day we don’t have a Tory government and Labour is the only way to achieve that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zacko said:

I'll still vote Labour as getting the Tories out is the priority above anything, but it's all just so...uninspiring. 

Maybe this is just how it always is. Same as it ever was. 

Politics has always been about voting for the least shit option.