news & politics:discussion

zahidf

7 hours ago, mattiloy said:

If they really want to take Rashford out they should accuse him of antisemitism.

The difference though between Rashford and the Labour Left is that Rashford isn’t actually an anti-Semite. You can’t just make up false accusations.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/01/jeremy-corbyn-issues-apology-in-labour-antisemitism-row

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/john-mcdonnell-palestine-genocide-israel-labour-ihra-jackie-walker-1.468145

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/diane-abbott-jewish-costume-comment-question-time-tube-passenger-video-1.469648

30 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

And yet, none of this is antisemitism. So it turns out that you can?

Cummings seems to be denying all (not just any) fault. Which immediately makes me doubt the whole thing. I do wonder if he's putting this all out there before the COVID inquiries begin.

Edited by Matt42

43 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

And yet, none of this is antisemitism. So it turns out that you can?

It’s anti-semitism.

The very easy way to avoid criticism for anti-semitism is to stay the fuck out of the Middle East debate. 

Edited by Fuzzy Afro

14 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Starmer has sought to shut down debate at every turn, blocked democracy as much as possible, whipped to abstain on the tory’s spy cop bill.

Can think of one or two moustached historical figures would be quite pleased with that kind of carry on.

you only see it that way cos its not pandering to your wants, its not about you!!!~Its about getting elected for the good of the country

14 hours ago, mattiloy said:

So go on, in what way was Corbyn like Stalin?

if I have to tell you you have no place trying to debate politics.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

It’s anti-semitism.

The very easy way to avoid criticism for anti-semitism is to stay the fuck out of the Middle East debate. 

Which is exactly the point of these trumped up charges, to shut down any debate.

Appearing at an event where another speaker compares Israel to the nazis doesn’t make you an antisemite. Obviously.

There are grounds for labelling hardline israeli’s knowing efforts to transform the demographics of an area through the forced eviction of palestinians and resettlement by israelis as ethnic cleansing.
It is obvious that a one state solution doesn’t work demographically for israel to remain a jewish state, and that a two state solution is unpalatable to the hardliners who want Israel to incorporate all the territory talked about in the old testament, it could also be reasonably argued that in blockading Palestine and making life materially difficult for palestinians, demoralising them and increasing the number young palestinians emigrating, there lies behind that policy a strategy for ethnic cleansing. Add to that the high death count of civilians in the conflict… might be hyperbole to call it genocide but its not totally off either.

The last one just isn’t in any way antisemitic. A total non starter.

On the other hand, here is shadow foreign secretary being antisemitic. And yet people aren’t lining up to call her antisemitic and demanding her resignation…

73875618-F32D-4E77-A05F-D028CBB2E368.jpeg

Edited by mattiloy

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Cummings seems to be denying all (not just any) fault. Which immediately makes me doubt the whole thing. I do wonder if he's putting this all out there before the COVID inquiries begin.

Well, it's his version of the truth, but a lot of it sounds very plausible. Also...he's one of them saying there should be an inquiry now, whereas Johnson wants to leave it until after the next election.....

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Iso you don't think Corbyn was within a strand of politics that ends up as stalinism, then, then you know nuthin.

That's ridiculous. Corbyn wasn't the greatest leader labour have ever had, but he wasn't that bad either, and actually the two manifestos labour put out in 2017 and 2019 were pretty sexy. But, there so much bad blood in labour between the different factions maybe they should just split. I just wish Corbyn had been a bit conciliatory after that EHRC antisemitism, and that Starmer had not kicked him out, as that just adds to the divisions.

47 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

That's ridiculous. Corbyn wasn't the greatest leader labour have ever had, but he wasn't that bad either, and actually the two manifestos labour put out in 2017 and 2019 were pretty sexy. But, there so much bad blood in labour between the different factions maybe they should just split. I just wish Corbyn had been a bit conciliatory after that EHRC antisemitism, and that Starmer had not kicked him out, as that just adds to the divisions.

corbyn was determined to stoke the divisions and his fan club was determined to blame it all on Starmer, and call Starmer a fascist for dealing with corbyn.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

corbyn was determined to stoke the divisions and his fan club was determined to blame it all on Starmer, and call Starmer a fascist for dealing with corbyn.

I think there's something to be said for the fact that membership has dropped off steadily - it wasn't all Corbyn fans leaving because they instantly decided Starmer was awful. Some obviously did but there's a huge amount of people that gave him a chance, found him wanting and then left.

12 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I think there's something to be said for the fact that membership has dropped off steadily - it wasn't all Corbyn fans leaving because they instantly decided Starmer was awful. Some obviously did but there's a huge amount of people that gave him a chance, found him wanting and then left.

they gave him a chance, but not a chance to deal with corbyn, suspending Corbyn was unforgivable to those people, who are now so unbalanced theyre calling Starmer a fascist.

anyone else having issues with supermarkets lacking stock ? we have had some major issues this week with lots of hot weather stock being obliterated ... salads , soft fruit , soft drinks being stuck at ports due to lack of drivers usually the supply chains hold out  .... Its been an absoute pain ... fucking Brexit 😞 ... with maybe a bit of covid shit thrown in !!

26 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

anyone else having issues with supermarkets lacking stock ? we have had some major issues this week with lots of hot weather stock being obliterated ... salads , soft fruit , soft drinks being stuck at ports due to lack of drivers usually the supply chains hold out  .... Its been an absoute pain ... fucking Brexit 😞 ... with maybe a bit of covid shit thrown in !!

and pay, was listening to something the other week on lack of drivers and pay was high up the list. Brexit not so much as the affects of the Pandemic, but I am guessing people will not be coming back at all. Although the Tories will change their minds and have lots of new rules to cover these things, same in many industries I reckon once they work out what they have done.