news & politics:discussion

zahidf

It is funny how some people seem to think all northerners are working class, salt of the earth labour voters, and all southerners are poshos and either tories w*nkers or metropolitan liberal elites.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

It's quite a trick to miss the Starmer smear campaign from the continuity corbynites 

I'm not missing it, I chose not to focus on it. I don't feel the need to comment on anything like that as we should focus are anger on the Tories not on ourselves.

36 minutes ago, Simsy said:

It is funny how some people seem to think all northerners are working class, salt of the earth labour voters, and all southerners are poshos and either tories w*nkers or metropolitan liberal elites.

Correct, and all Scots arnt bitter ardent nationalists hellbent on blaming Westminster for all our problems. The nationalist MPs in the House of Commons arnt representative of the majority of us. I blame the media for creating the stereotypes all over the UK.  I mean Rees Mogg is a Somerset MP, not typical of the folk I’ve met from that lovely county! 😉

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Correct, and all Scots arnt bitter ardent nationalists hellbent on blaming Westminster for all our problems.

And all supporters of independence aren't "ardent nationalists hellbent on blaming Westminster for all our problems." But then I'm sure you really know that Chris.

The nationalist MPs in the House of Commons arnt representative of the majority of us. 

Well actually they quite literally are.

I blame the media for creating the stereotypes all over the UK.  I mean Rees Mogg is a Somerset MP, not typical of the folk I’ve met from that lovely county! 😉

I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone claim Rees Mogg is typical of anywhere on this planet.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Funny because its all true ?

Most scots I have met are bitter ardent nationalists hellbent on blaming "England" for all their problems 😄 

Aye right, Barry.

13 hours ago, eFestivals said:

It's a deflection mechanism. Not a serious way for the public to influence or change policy.

True. But then there really is no serious way for the public to influence or change policy.

16 hours ago, topmarksbri said:

I think it's a pretty one way street of distaste here. Most of the second category have no real beef with the former (or at least not that I've experienced) 

The young middle-class lefties think the northern class lefties are Leave voting racists.

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

The people chipping in that other 20%might care.

Your rent isn't 100% of your income.

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Every country in the world would be expected to tolerate it and when they don’t and go in and indiscriminately slay civilians and ’terrorists’ alike (freedom fighters to my mind) they always get slagged off. See the British army in Northern Ireland, Russia in Chechnya, China with the Uyghurs, the Spanish police in Barcelona.

Heavy handedness on the part of imperialist overlords never goes down well.

And absolutely classic of cry-bullies to victim blame, manipulate, gaslight and claim victimhood themselves.

Fuck Zac Goldsmith, the horrible islamophobic little gobshite

Edited by mattiloy