news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I’m reaching the point where I just want to throw my hands up and say fuck it. People are now consistently voting directly against their best interests in terms of social and economic policy out of fear and a desire for “change”, without acknowledging they’re voting for more of the same. A Tory government is, economically speaking at least, fairly decent for me, so what’s even the point in fighting it anymore? I grew up in the north and I totally get the frustrations, but they’re going in totally the wrong direction and I almost just want to watch it play out until they realise exactly what they’ve voted for time and again.

I won’t throw in the towel because that’s precisely what they want, but damn it’s getting more and more tempting.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I’m reaching the point where I just want to throw my hands up and say fuck it. People are now consistently voting directly against their best interests in terms of social and economic policy out of fear and a desire for “change”, without acknowledging they’re voting for more of the same. A Tory government is, economically speaking at least, fairly decent for me, so what’s even the point in fighting it anymore? I grew up in the north and I totally get the frustrations, but they’re going in totally the wrong direction and I almost just want to watch it play out until they realise exactly what they’ve voted for time and again.

I won’t throw in the towel because that’s precisely what they want, but damn it’s getting more and more tempting.

vaccine bounce.

See where we are in a few years.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

vaccine bounce.

See where we are in a few years.

Yeah perhaps. We need an election where Brexit is just totally off the table and the govt aren’t off the back of a pandemic. Labour need an election where they can campaign on actual issues and then we’ll see where we’re at. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

I’m reaching the point where I just want to throw my hands up and say fuck it. People are now consistently voting directly against their best interests in terms of social and economic policy out of fear and a desire for “change”,

Which is weird cos conservatism isn't about change bolus it's voting for the party who've been in power for ten years so no change.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

without acknowledging they’re voting for more of the same. A Tory government is, economically speaking at least, fairly decent for me, so what’s even the point in fighting it anymore? I grew up in the north and I totally get the frustrations, but they’re going in totally the wrong direction and I almost just want to watch it play out until they realise exactly what they’ve voted for time and again.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Which is weird cos conservatism isn't about change bolus it's voting for the party who've been in power for ten years so no change.

Well, we’ve had what, 13 years of Labour in the past how many decades..? Yet people demand change and vote for the party that’s controlled our country for the majority of the last 50 years. Good one!

4 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

170 margin. Could be🤔

Different constituency, it’s a different constituency, it’s miles away, it wisnae  me ,honest, nothing to do with me.  I voted, and I don’t mind admitting it, tactically for labour. Trouble is the unionist parties havnt realised the value of voting that way. Down in Ayr, not my constituency remember, tactical voting would have defeated the snp. But it’s not my constituency. Anyway by winning Ayr the snp will lose a list seat tomorrow so that evens things up. 😁😉

i need Glastonbury. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Different constituency, it’s a different constituency, it’s miles away, it wisnae  me ,honest, nothing to do with me.  I voted, and I don’t mind admitting it, tactically for labour. Trouble is the unionist parties havnt realised the value of voting that way. Down in Ayr, not my constituency remember, tactical voting would have defeated the snp. But it’s not my constituency. Anyway by winning Ayr the snp will lose a list seat tomorrow so that evens things up. 😁😉

i need Glastonbury. 

does anyone understand this list thing?  

Tactical voting is really tough decision tbf.

I am currently looking to buy a bunker and emerge once a year for Glastonbury  even better if its a bunker in Pilton ... any rightmove links would be greatly appreciated ... Ive had enough of wrong moves and this bloody govt 😞 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I am currently looking to buy a bunker and emerge once a year for Glastonbury  even better if its a bunker in Pilton ... any rightmove links would be greatly appreciated ... Ive had enough of wrong moves and this bloody govt 😞 

Keep me a space in the bunker

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This shit is too depressing. As if they're voting tory because Johnson comes from Doncaster or something.

I always find it weird that people say that the electorate won't vote for Starmer because he's too much part of the London elite, forgetting that they vote for Johnson who is there epitomisation of the London elite.