Glasto politics: Non covid news

zahidf

26 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

SNP will be disappointed but its a potentially huge pro-indy majority. WM will play silly buggers over it but its another reminder that the left and centre left of Scotland overwhelmingly support independence. Makes a mockery of the idea that Scottish independence can be equated to ethnic nationalist movements. 

big risk to call a independence vote though....not sure they'd win it.

Plus, there will a bunch of people on left and centre who are are very much unionist, or unsure. I think at moment vaccines and end of lockdown just trumps everything.

If the Greens really get 11 seats i would be shocked. They aren’t polling that much higher than 2016 and they only got 6 seats then. Who knows though, they defo seem to have a firm base of support these days.

Would be good to see Scottish Labour actually gain seats for the first time in Holyrood. Sarwar has been impressive imo so could easily see a gain of one or two seats. Douglas Ross (Scottish conservative leader) has been a shambolic appointment, the guy barely seems human. 

If the snp fail to win a majority they’ll obv be disappointed as polling a couple months ago had them getting one despite the system being designed to prevent it. I think it’ll be tough for them to get Indy ref 2 without it even with green support cause that’s exactly what we have now.

53 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

SNP will be disappointed but its a potentially huge pro-indy majority. WM will play silly buggers over it but its another reminder that the left and centre left of Scotland overwhelmingly support independence. Makes a mockery of the idea that Scottish independence can be equated to ethnic nationalist movements. 

Are lots of Scots voting for the sexpest there's a choice of two parties for those inclined that way 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

big risk to call a independence vote though....not sure they'd win it

It is, but much less a risk than last time around when Yes was polling at around 30%.

I'm not sure we'll win, but I wouldn't want to being going into a campaign on the Vote No side. It's a much tougher sell than it was in 2014, and this time they don't have a comfortable lead to rely on. 

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It is, but much less a risk than last time around when Yes was polling at around 30%.

I'm not sure we'll win, but I wouldn't want to being going into a campaign on the Vote No side. It's a much tougher sell than it was in 2014, and this time they don't have a comfortable lead to rely on. 

You think? Being out of EU just makes it all lot more complicated.

It looked like Spaff had got away with it towards the end of this week but the Heil are still going for him: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9530685/JOHN-HUMPHRYS-Beware-leader-speaks-Peoples-Priorities.html

Looks like The Sun are his only friends left in the press? Quote from their opinion piece today: 

“The NHS jabs programme the PM and his team masterminded is the envy of the world. His vast economic rescue package has saved countless jobs.

No wonder Keir Starmer’s ratings plummet as he obsesses about wallpaper.”

Edited by Ryan1984

41 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

It looked like Spaff had got away with it towards the end of this week but the Heil are still going for him: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9530685/JOHN-HUMPHRYS-Beware-leader-speaks-Peoples-Priorities.html

Looks like The Sun are his only friends left in the press? Quote from their opinion piece today: 

“The NHS jabs programme the PM and his team masterminded is the envy of the world. His vast economic rescue package has saved countless jobs.

No wonder Keir Starmer’s ratings plummet as he obsesses about wallpaper.”

That’s a very interesting price in the Daily Mail. It shows that some of the right wing papers are having enough of Johnson but also it’s interesting because of Gove links...

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I'll wait for Survation... (running poll joke from GE 2017). Some movement at last. Yes I know it's one poll but let me have this.

wasn't there a yougov poll with tories having a 11 point lead, and now this one. In other words...polls all over the shop.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

FrayBentos really has a thing for Ozanne. Bit creepy really.

Yeah it is a tad, I’ve had him on ignore for months but he really seems to want my attention. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

wasn't there a yougov poll with tories having a 11 point lead, and now this one. In other words...polls all over the shop.

This poll makes me feel happy and gives this strange feeling called hope, let’s enjoy it if only for a while 😛

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

That’s a very interesting price in the Daily Mail. It shows that some of the right wing papers are having enough of Johnson but also it’s interesting because of Gove links...

Even goves wife has been slagging off gove in the hate mail recently.

Edited by eFestivals