news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I’ve never said any different - I don’t plan to stop flying short haul once or twice a year unless it becomes illegal. I’ll make my own choices. 

I think you’ll find it’s you that’s the two faced arsehole acting all holy with your trail of past flying emissions behind you - why not go and tell your son not to fly or your bruv to get another job that’s not catastrophic to the environment. 

what i say to my family is my business? and i'm never scared to speak my mind cos i'm not beige.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Never afraid to be unpopular I'll give you that, it has it's consequences tho

unlike others , i've never been  one to vacuously pose. i'm not on the internet to make friends.

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Fair comment

The best way to stop these big firms is to stop buying their sh*t, which is partly where ‘lifestyle attitude’ come in.

Yeah it is in a way but the only people that suffer then are workers as those companies sales and profits decline they will cut the workforce.

On 1/30/2024 at 6:34 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

We had good reason . Pretty much all I’m adding not going into specifics . 

Surely the crap on this thread lately is as bad

Woeful moderation or is it only certain views you all silence? 

1 minute ago, Paul ™ said:

Surely the crap on this thread lately is as bad

Woeful moderation or is it only certain views you all silence? 

Not the case.

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

its not been ignored I can absolutely assure you 

⚠️  As a mod team, we've taken the decision to permanently lock this thread, nearly three years after it was created.

It's taken us through a lot of turbulent times, not least of which the pandemic, ongoing wars and conflicts, the cost of living crisis, and increasing climate change.

There's been a lot of discussion, at times pointed, and we believe it's in the interest of moving the forum forward that separate threads exist for several of the topics discussed here.

Thread creation is by no means limited to the mod team, so if there's something you'd like to see discussed or exist in its own thread, feel free to start one or request it. You can message any of the mods personally at any time.

Thanks everyone. We hope you'll continue to join in as we try to make eFestivals even better. Cheers. ⚠️