news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

well done Biden 🙂I jest because it has all kinds of processes behind it  .... Also not mentioned on this thread is the climate stuff thats been signed off in the US .... not perfect by any stretch but steps in the right direction ... if only China might rejoin 😞 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

. Also not mentioned on this thread is the climate stuff thats been signed off in the US .... not perfect by any stretch but steps in the right direction ... if only China might rejoin 😞 

china quitting will be used as an excuse by the USA to do nothing: "why should we when they're not?"

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

well done Biden 🙂I jest because it has all kinds of processes behind it  .... Also not mentioned on this thread is the climate stuff thats been signed off in the US .... not perfect by any stretch but steps in the right direction ... if only China might rejoin 😞 

yeah, that climate + other thing package is massive, and will possibly help Democrats/Biden in the midterm elections...unless the economy goes through the floor...

Just now, Neil said:

china quitting will be used as an excuse by the USA to do nothing: "why should we when they're not?"

well they've signed all this stuff since china quit , but yeah thats the issue we need agreement from everyone and people will end up playing people off against others and we probably wont get much cooperation ... just look at the way the worlds going 😞 

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

hopefully things will calm down and they can work together more...probably favours both economies to be at forefront of new green/renewable technologies..thing is it helps both sides politically to look like being tough on the other..

The boss of John Lewis says the wage inflation spiral is being fuelled by the number of people in their 50’s who retired during covid. So at least when energy prices hit £4K in Jan and they all have to re-enter the work force to pay it it’ll fix one problem 😃

17 minutes ago, lost said:

The boss of John Lewis says the wage inflation spiral is being fuelled by the number of people in their 50’s who retired during covid. So at least when energy prices hit £4K in Jan and they all have to re-enter the work force to pay it it’ll fix one problem 😃

wage inflation spiral?!

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Wages haven’t gone up in real terms. He’s talking nonsense so he doesn’t have to pay his own staff more. 

dunno, i've just been hit by an increased webhosting fee, the first rise in the 22 years i've been using the same company.i should put my prices up too...? 
(i can't, advertising doesn't work like that).