news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

I mean, who on the left can disagree with any of that?

Yes I agree. But apparently Starmer does not - he’s rowed back on basically every pledge.

’My dad was a toolmaker*’

*..factory owner

Starmer is as much a bullshit merchant as any tory

21 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Yes I agree. But apparently Starmer does not - he’s rowed back on basically every pledge.

’My dad was a toolmaker*’

*..factory owner

Starmer is as much a bullshit merchant as any tory

Wasn't there a clip of him on LBC where Marr had him admit the 3 or 4 of them were not going to happen now?

Reports that the Sunak camp appear to have done enough vote allocation to ensure Mordaunt is kept out of the final two, and confirm that he'll be facing off againat pork market Liz.

Great news for the opposition.

Edited by Copperface

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Reports that the Sunak camp appear to have done enough vote allocation to ensure Mordaunt is kept out of the final two, and confirm that he'll be facing off againat pork market Liz.

Great news for the opposition.

Truss genuinely seems less charismatic and more wooden than May which is some feat. 

I don't think Labour should be overly fearful of either, however the Tories having a BAME/ 3rd woman leader before Labour have had either is pretty mortifying.

I know Labour have more diverse MPs etc but most of the public don't care about that.

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How long do we give the next PM ? Was a few months out on Boris … but surely there’s enough shit on these guys to lurch them into another crisis pretty soon 

Within a year they’ll a general election and lose I think.